Home

fps

kingdomwinds

You guys are going to want to right click on your desktops, tab over to settings, go into your 3D card's section and TURN OFF ANTIALIASING. Among other things, it ruins your FPS. Depending on what card you have, there are sometimes other settings there as well, right click to get the What's This and see what it is. Most of the time, they can be turned off as well.

This will drastically improve your FPS (I have a Ti4200 as well and I can get 200 fps on duel maps, and I average 50+ on most ffa maps).

Originally posted by D8alus

Not on an ATI Radeon, it's not...

App Pref is a check box..there IS no off, trust me...

Eh, another reason I'm glad I only invest in nVIDIA cards. Sorry mate, don't know how to solve your problem. Maybe someone else with an ATI card knows.

Originally posted by D8alus

Not on an ATI Radeon, it's not...

App Pref is a check box..there IS no off, trust me...

JA doesn't appear to use AA if you don't force it to in the ATI settings... (if it is using it, then there isn't much AA)

Make sure volumetric shadows are off (this slows my fps way down, and I have a Radeon 9800 Pro!), and make sure force feedback is off. Also, make sure dynamic glow is off, although I don't think that actually caused slow down for me...just flashes on the screen (especially on Coruscant...that's when I couldn't take it any longer and turned it off).

Originally posted by Chewy289

I found 2 commands that really help to increase FPS without lowering any noticable visual details.

r_dynamicglow 0

and

com_maxfps 200

Works really great for me!

I actually hit 200fps with a GeForce4 Ti4200!

So thats how to get good fps!

Archived