Home

A ? about Multiplayer (servers won't display?)

Gen. PhyL

When I go to play multiplayer, it'll say something like "Getting info from servers". It'll be that pulsating glowing text (as if it is loading) right below the server/map/player/etc chart. I wait and wait, and NO servers come up.

What the stang is that all about?

stang (st' ang') n.- 1. a Corellian curse word meaning that of an exclamatory remark. 2. Similar to the word crap. :D

I had the same problem, and it was my anti-virus program(norton antivirus) which blocked it. Try to make your virus program "allow" the game to use internet.(Yeah, it took some time to figure out how to do it, but when I found out, it was really really easy)

Not to diss ASE, but you shouldn't need a third part program to do what the game itself can do already.

See the "Server Setup" help threads stickied in this forum and Tech help. I had a similar problem that you had but after reading those threads I was able to fix it and now I can host my own server, join it, see the servers list and join any game I wish.

Takes a little tweaking, but once you're setup, it should be smooth sailing from there (just backup your shortcuts and cfg files, it really helps if you need to reinstall!).

Archived