Home

.pk3 loading and SP console Verbose mode?

razorace

I'm having a bit of trouble with my bugfix patch for the backward walking animation. It runs fine when I put the pk3 in the /base dir but I can't get it to work as a "mod" that you load in the SP menu with it in its own /gamedata directory. All the patch is is a fixed animation.cfg file.

I think the problem is related to the fact that the new animation.cfg file has to be loaded after the asset pk3s to have it work. Help!

Secondly, is there a command to make the SP console give the normal "command not found" errors and list cvar values like it does in MP? It's a pain in the butt when the console gives no feedback whatsoever whenever you try to type in cheat codes.

1. PK3s are parsed in alphabetical order I believe, which includes numbers. That's why assets0 is first, then assets1, then assets2... But it should load your mod after it loads the base PK3s, I'm not really understanding that... Try setting it to mymod999 and see what happens.

2. I don't know about the error messages, but hitting TAB still does autocomplete, except it lists all the cvars, which I find infinitely more useful.

Archived