Home

Battlestar Galactica: A new mini series...

JediMasterEd

For those who don't know, Battlestar Galactica is to be made into a mini series aired on the Sci-Fi channel on December 7th. Apparently, they are changing the people who made the Cylons, saying that now man created these robots, but gained sentience and viewed themselves as spiritual inheritors of mankind's legacy. The original characters are still there, William Adama, Apollo, and the man who went through a sex change, Starbuck. That's right, the hot shot pilot is now played by a female character. Quoting from the Sci-Fi magazine,

"Katee Sackhoff plays Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, the female Starbuck that represents probably the most radical change from the original Battlestar Galactica. But Sackhoff notes that times has changed since the original series. She hadn't even been born when the show originally aired, and says that today "it's completely normal to see women fighter pilots. I think it made sense to make Starbuck, one of the main characters, a woman. It brings a whole other level of the show."

Ahhh........wasn't even been born when the show was aired?? I do hope they don't ruin this...it was a great series with the original series.

I loved the show. Watched it every week and I just saw the preveiw for it last night. There was onlu a handful of women on it and it looks like now there is going to be alot more. They need to show some cleavage if they want to keep up with the other sci-fi show so that's why they probably decided to turn starbuck into a gal. Nothing like a busty babe roaring through space with a firm grip on her joystick. :rolleyes:

Besides Dirk Benidict is got to be close to his 50s by now.

I remember watching the old TV series as well. The effects were good (they learnt a lot of tricks in the post-Star Wars era), and as I recall some of the earlier stories were okay. Season after season, though, it gradually ran out of steam and inevitably ended up as recycled dross.

I hope they make a good job of the remake. I really do. It would be sad to see yet another turkey regurgitated from the bowels of the media machine...

Archived