Home

How old are light sabres? *mild spoiler alert*

Remirol Nacnud

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

Gotta love forum drama.

Yep you do and thank you for your participation.

Originally posted by sights0d

I completely agree that GL said he killed off BF, but I don't think it matters as long as in the future someone kills him anyway.

Yes it does matter, because that is the point I'm getting at. The link is at the bttom of the post where it says this. GL states that "Boba Fett died. That he didn't see anything exceptional about the character, and was surprised that so many people became fans of him."

If you think about it Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc is as hard to believe as Jango Fett being in EP3.

It is a perfect example of SW time line really being meaningless. That everything from light sabers to the birth of the Jedi is subject to being edited like a post on a forum. No matter how many people have read it and quoted you on it. You can still go back and change what you wrote at any time.

Or you can beleave i'm a sycophant and that I'm lieing to you to get you to side with me. "sycophant" or slanderer, deceiver, parasite, false adviser... Basicaly the guy called me a lier and a parisite for haveing a defferance of a opinion and told me to have a nice day... If that's not a flame I don't know what is. :rolleyes: So you know I really don't care what I say to him now.

DL the first video file..............

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/video/index.shtml

Well... I've got to say that as a literature teacher, it doesn't really matter what the author intended. The truth is in the ear of the listener.

On the other hand, the word sychophant was used incorrectly, as it is supposed to mean that you are basically a "yes man" on everything.

On the other hand, you both have valid points. The problem is that you both want seperate things. One of you wants the SW timeline to mean something, the other is invested in the POV that it doesn't. I say it doesn't really matter so much as long as you enjoy SW.

Overall, I have to agree with Cosmos Jack, since I really hate the EU and the books because if you agree with what is written in them, Chewbacca's dead. If I agree with Cosmos Jack, it can all be rewritten and Chewie will be out there again:)

because im such a fan of things making sense, then theres no use in me being a hypocrite - so, ill try and make the things i say make sense.

i happen to like the EU - why? because the movies really arent enough. they are good an' all, but more is good. sometimes the more we get is ****, but nothings perfect.

i also play the Pen Paper SW RPG. why? because its fun. i find enjoyment out of it. and i think thats all that really matters.

as well, i explained my usage of the term "Sycophant" - how someone is able to infer being called a "Lier" "Deceiver" and "Parasite" out of one word is beyond me - but i dont confess to be an expert on human psyche.

you know what they say Jack - Assumption is the mother of all ****-up's.

On the other hand, you both have valid points. The problem is that you both want seperate things. One of you wants the SW timeline to mean something, the other is invested in the POV that it doesn't. I say it doesn't really matter so much as long as you enjoy SW.

yes. very much so. i realise i was a little...overbearing in my declarations (in the first six post's area, not afterward). i conceded such.

however, im happy Jack doesnt give a **** and thinks im full of it. it is, after all, a free internet.

Yes I'm wondering how many times I have to say it before you get the idea that all the crap you're so fond of doesn't matter.

And the winner is...nope, not you either. :rolleyes:

you can say it as many times as you like. it doesnt mean i care. sometimes you have to realise that people dont agree with you, instead of just not understanding you. trying to beat it into their heads isnt gonna make them listen - it just makes them anrgy.

now, i think this has gone on long enough. im sure there will be a resonse by our fearless n00b basher, but the horse is dead and lieng over there. any post after this will be an attempt to beat said dead horse.

thread ends:

HERE

------------------

Originally posted by sights0d

On the other hand, the word sychophant was used incorrectly, as it is supposed to mean that you are basically a "yes man" on everything.

Ok lets see if that works with what he said.
Hey Jack!

Yes men on everything never prosper. have a nice day.

Nope doesn't make any sence I think he meant something else.

Originally posted by Valin

as well, i explained my usage of the term "Sycophant" - how someone is able to infer being called a "Lier" "Deceiver" and "Parasite" out of one word is beyond me - but i dont confess to be an expert on human psyche.

you know what they say Jack - Assumption is the mother of all ****-up's.

Hmm lets see...

Hey Jack!

Sycophants never prosper. have a nice day.

There really is no room for assumption here with the way the word is used. Hmm you think I'm warped? Next time look a ward up before you use it to insult someone. Maybe that should have been my response to you in the first place. I should have assumed you are ignorant of what you're saying given what you post. I guess that must have been the word of the day in you junior high class or something. They didn't tell you the full range of meanings. I forgive you......

yes. very much so. i realise i was a little...overbearing in my declarations (in the first six post's area, not afterward). i conceded such.

however, im happy Jack doesnt give a **** and thinks im full of it. it is, after all, a free internet.

Yep pretty much you hit that one on the head. After you stated insulting because I made my little statement. I lost all respect for you and it's open season.

And the winner is...nope, not you either. :rolleyes:

And you think it's you?

you can say it as many times as you like. it doesnt mean i care. sometimes you have to realise that people dont agree with you, instead of just not understanding you. trying to beat it into their heads isnt gonna make them listen - it just makes them anrgy.

Do you listen to your own advise or do you have trouble with the context of the words? Maybe you should have thought about making someone angry before you started posting pop offs at me like "captain obvious?" I never came in the thread to start a fight hell I didn't even intend to come back to it at all. Either way you had to go and insult me. Yep you are a noob maybe you should start thinking on what to say to someone, because they might take it as a insult or a attack. Unless that was your intension. Be angry I really don't care.

now, i think this has gone on long enough. im sure there will be a resonse by our fearless n00b basher, but the horse is dead and lieng over there. any post after this will be an attempt to beat said dead horse.

thread ends:

HERE

------------------

LOL you're not a moderator yet kid. I like how you start a fight and run away. Reminds me of the kids in school that get up enough courage to punch the bully in the nose then realize what they have done. Except in this case trying to talk your way out of things and confuse people. Basically being a sycophant you're vary good at it... THE END is whenever it is. Someone might actually come in here with something more legitimate to say then our comments to one and other.

man, your warped.

Yep something more legitimate. You trully are better than me.

is there any Blood coming outta that Stone Jack?

think on that one, because ive got class to run too...

Well I hope you don't run and fall. Seeing how your setting here waiting for my responses. The monitor hasn't blinded you yet? It's so easy to get you right back out on the thread even if to make your little comment... Either way I thought you said I was over? THE END? Think on that one.....

thread ends:

HERE

Well I will help you since you are not strong enough to pull yourself away from the screen. I promise I won't post anything after this in response to your little comments no matter what... I will be the better man and call it over.;) Feel free to call it if you want after this or make any statemnt you want. Wonte her a peep out of me...

Dear god, what did I start?

Yeah, this poor guy asked an innocent EU question, and look what has resulted,

Firstly a "what is EU/canon" and "George Lucas said..." type banter, then creeping towards personal insults between certain upset posters, which upsets all the other posters......

There is an EU thread, for all eager beavers,

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=442

there are stress balls, and women, and aquariums to calm your moods... make use of them soldier !

As for me, I love EU. I really dont go much farther than the novels, some comix for what is 'canon'(The C word) I am *really* looking forward to KOTOR as I admire BioWare and love NWN and Star Wars. I will just have to make up my own mind as to how right it feels when I am lucky enough to play it ! I think it was GREAT from Lucasarts from the beginning to acknowlegde this part of EU and make a game from it to begin with(which is unprecedented in SW gaming if you think about it)

Hope you've all calmed down, now get back to JA and have FUN !!

MTFBWYA

Archived