Home

Architects & Engineers in Star Wars

[PMOH] Wolf-Man

Where did they do their training? Whats with all these gigantic buildings you find everywhere, on every planet that have huge bottomless pits built into them?

I mean, you have the Death Star, a marvel of engineering science, yet to turn off the Tractor Beam you have to edge your way around a 1ft wide pathway above a huge bottomless pit.

Naboo. You have these red forcefields that don't have a switch that bar access to what? A bottomless pit. What if a child wandered in there?

Bespin? These massive weather vane things with tubes that suck you out to a room with? Bottomless pits.

At least Tatooine had a sarlacc in theirs.

I mean, to take down the Empire you don't have to have a Jedi/Starship battle, just show them a diagram of a HAND RAIL.

Games are worse. I mean, look at the Vjun map... You have this huge electric device with catwalks all around it, but yeah, put up a f*ing fence around it. Same deal with the lava rivers. You have rivers of LAVA and no warning sign anywhere? A "Beware of Lava River" notice too much to ask from the great Galactic Empire?

Sheesh.

Well, I have to admit that some of your points are good: if I was the emperor I surely wouldn't put a bottomless pit in my office as seen in episode 6).

But concerning Bespine or the lava pits:

These are commercial or military operations. And we all know how these are made up: to be efficient, not to be safe. Why put a sign "Beware, lava ahead" there if the only trespassers are stormtroopers with protective suits?

You have to keep in mind that most of these places aren't build for visitors:

Obi had to disable the tractor Beam down there because he couldnÄt use the button in command center like everyone else. in JA you never take the main entrance but sneak your way around and find breaches in security (nobody secured because (!) they are to dangerous for mortals).

Archived