Home

Flying, **** Style.

JediLurker

Minor spoilers ahead.

There's been some discussion about getting the jetpack to work in SP. I haven't got a clue how to give yourself the jetpack, but I stumbled on a method to do the next best thing. Create a mod with a new npc file. Set the class to CLASS_BOBAFETT and FP_LEVITATION to 3. Load up a game and use the playermodel command to change to the new npc and you will be able to fly as though you had a jetpack. Your allies will not turn against you, so there's no need to set npcteam or playerteam.

I haven't tested this extensively, but so far I've gotten the jetpack sounds but no flames coming out of wierd places. It should also be noted that I was using a custom model at the time, so things might be different for others. I'll give it a more thorough examination and report any bugs I find(Other than the fact that you're flying without a jetpack:D )

well, i just played JA before coming here and realized that "playermodel boba_fett" lets you use the jetpack just by jumping...JA has now gone kickass for me. also, if you switch back to "playermodel player" (maybe it works for other models), then you can still use it, theres just no jetpack nor flames on your back :D .

Yeah, I tried the give jetpack command and it doesn't do anything. I did find the jetpack's model file in the weapons2 directory, though. I thought that was a bit odd.

I've also played through as Boba Fett, but it got aggravating having to constantly regulate his force powers. I could have just created the npc to eliminate that, but I wanted something a little more original than Fett. I downloaded a different mandalorian model, did a little editing on the character sound files, gave the ability to jet around, and voila.

Edit: Give all only works in MP.

Archived