Home

mindtrick in MP

Butt_Whisper

I was on a team FFA, saber only server, and this guy kept going invisible. Peeps told me it was mind trick, but when i tried it it seemed not to work. I was wondering if it was true, and how do you do it (i.e. do you have to mindtrick the target to be invisble, because it did not show me as mindtricked)?

Mind Trick, as I've said on my site, is easily countered by Seeing.

It works like this.... on Level 1, the person targets you and uses the power. Stars appear over your head (to them) and you won't see them (unless you use seeing). You can see their shots and hear their footsteps.

I need to do further testing, but I think if they attack you directly (like with their saber) the power wears off. It also wears off with time.

On Level 2 all players in their view become Mind Tricked.

On Level 3, all players on the entire level become Mind Tricked.

Again, use Seeing, you'll see them right through the power.

For more specific details, see the "Rules" in-game help. I'll be updating my site with the facts as soon as I can after I've tested it some more.

when *you use it, they will not be invisible, nor will you (going by what you see on your screen) but they will have "sparkles" going around their head like little stars.

This means they have been mind tricked and can not see *you.

When this guy used a MT on you, you could not see him but if you would have looked on his monitor, he would have seen you visible but with those little stars on your head to show that you were in the tricked state.

just remember this, when you use a mind trick in MP, if they have the stars on their head, they can not see you.

If you don't see little blue stars, they can see you.

Plus, when you mind trick a group (level 2 or 3) and then attack a single, you become visible again only to that person and the force power is still active. If you want to re-trick your victim after the first attack you have to deactivate your first trick and then activate it again.

For this reason I prefer level 2 against level 3, so I don't "forget the power on".

Archived