Home

Staff saberstyles

Aryyn

No. Besides medium single when you turn one blade off.

I think the whole point of having a single style for dual sabers and saberstaff is because those weapons require much more training than a single saber, and can be much more dangerous for an untrained user.

More fun, huh? Why isn't it fun already? I don't play MP, but I hear plenty of people use the staff (I'm not going to use the word "whore") - maybe it might be fun to try a single saber sometime?

It isn't random... it's Yellow stance without the special moves like DFA, Kata and the Cartwheel.

The reason is pretty damned obvious IMO... what would be the use of playing with single blade if a good part of it is included with the staff? I wonder how come the dual saber has the lunge.

It's all about balancing the sabers. I usually play single blade because i like the huge diversity in moves. But c'mon if it's diversity i want... and if staff had most of the tricks single has... yeah sure most people would definetly choose dual or staff over single anyday... i would.

Raven wants to keep single as an option that's still worthwhile. IMO... the saber are balnced pretty good... not perfect...but pretty good.

It is random when i got the staff the first time it gave me the yellow stance with one blade. The second time it gave me red and the third time it gave me blue. I like to use both the staff and single but it gives one saberstyle when the other blade is off and its random when you first get the staff. So you may be stuck with the one or the other and it sucks especially the red stance.

Did you use any cheats or anything?

Every dual saber (saberstaff, not dual sabers, which use two singles) has this in it's .sab file:

singleBladeStyle	medium

So something is messed up on your end, I'm afraid. I have no idea how you got it like that, and I've been screwing around with Academy even since I got it!

So, if it is a bug, it's one really messed up bug.

If you have the saberhilts 1.5 mod installed, that changes your single blade style to red. Either mod the mod (haha), or temporarilly disable that mod.

If that isn't the problem, I have no idea what it could be. I'm a staff-user, and I've never encountered this problem, and I'm on my 8th time through the single-player campaign.

Archived