Home

Allowing Saber switching Mid game (MP)

N3h3bkau

Hi, I'm just running a server and was wondering if its possible to enable the ability to change sabers without having to respawn?

Kind of annoying everytime I want to switch sabers I need to type to kill command or go jump of a bridge. So... is there a command or do I need to wait for a mod to be released?

By the way, just a real quick question is it possible to make it so that idle sabers can do damage?

Thanks in advance. :jawa

Originally posted by Kusanavi

Well I don't think there is a way really and if there is it'll be more whored than the staff butterfly move

Yeah I figured as much, but its for my own personal server were my friends and I just hang out and spawn vehicle. Just a fun little place.

and your second question...why would you want to make damage with an idle saber (while chatting and crap)?

Actually I want to do this because I miss the old roll into your foe when he's got 5 life. Just something I miss from Jk2

:jawa

Actually Idle sabers should ALREADY do damage in MP (it's not much, but it does happen). In SP there's a simple setting change to make it work (sabermorerealistic 3, which has to be setup in a shortcut command line target... see the "Not Enough Customization.." thread sticky).

There is an option to turn on "friendly saber" meaning an idle saber will hurt teammates, but I don't know why you'd want to use that...

Switching sabers mid game without respawning would be like letting people change force power setups on the fly, it's just not a good idea for balance's sake.

Or switching teams without dying. It's to discourage people from changing their settings every 2 seconds unless they want to face the fact that they'll be negative in score. In Duels its supposed to force people to have their config ready when they play, not to change it just so they can win at the last second.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Switching sabers mid game without respawning would be like letting people change force power setups on the fly, it's just not a good idea for balance's sake.

Indeed. Something like this would lead to tremendous balance issues. Imagine someone using the saber staff and using kick to knock someone to the ground, and then Switching to the single saber and using uppercut. There would all sorts of wierd strategies like that...

Archived