Home

Sound fx issues...

Kallandros

Has anyone found a workaround for why some JO models don’t seem to playback their custom sounds in JA MP? Just seems a bit odd that some work fine while others revert to a default voice set

even though they all have their sounds.cfg's pointing to the correct dir's. Tried the same models in JO and they all function properly. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

It turned out that the sounds.cfg files were the culprit. They seem to work a little different than before. They want to be pointing to the directory one level up from the one all the custom sounds are stored. The first model I was having these problems with was Jerec by Madjai, Inbredyokel and Toonces. This is what worked for that model and several other's. Thought id pass this on anyhoo.

Old sounds.cfg looked like this:

chars/jerec/misc

Changed it to this:

jerec

m

• 2 months later...

What about vehicle Sounds? I am helping Manquesa on his Death Glider, and I have some sound clips that I have converted to the bitrate, etc that JA uses, and I created a folder "/sound/vehicles/weapons/glider_blaster" with the fire1.mp3 inside of it, but how do I get the same to use it?

Archived