Home

Jedi Academy MP

JamieKirby

Hiya,

Why are there so many rules in MP???

I know, no hacking or cheating and all that, but why is there stuff like,

bow before you fight or when they have 1 saber, you use 1 saber.

i hate all these dumb rules.

If you are fighting a Dark Jedi that is using two sabers, are you going to ask him to use one saber or you will leave???

I am alot of the time a Light Jedi, but sometimes i like to be a Dark Jedi and having to follow noob rules is rather dumb, since Dark Jedi can be rather evil.

JamieKirby

Only rules you have to follow are the rules listed on the main screen under Rules. Unless you're in a server with a newbie admin you shouldn't pay attention to anyone's rules and if you're in that type of server leave and find a new one.

Find a server that suits the way you play. If you join a server with ridiculous rules, then make a note of it, and remember to bypass it next time around. There are a lot of good servers out there which don't try to impose silly rules of conduct on the players. And if 'individuals' try to force their rules on you (i.e., not the server's own rules), then kill them quick. ;)

Originally posted by StormHammer

Find a server that suits the way you play. If you join a server with ridiculous rules, then make a note of it, and remember to bypass it next time around.

I always thought it would be handy to have a "avoid" list as well as the favorites list. You could add these kinds of servers to your avoid list so that they don't come up in the browser in the future...

Originally posted by Prime

I always thought it would be handy to have a "avoid" list as well as the favorites list. You could add these kinds of servers to your avoid list so that they don't come up in the browser in the future...

Yep, it would be great if you could set up an 'ignore' list.

I see an opportunity here for someone to devise a JA specific server-finder. One that will list whether it's NF, FF, SO, GO, rule X, Mod Y, etc... Bascially as much information as possible to allow the player to make an informed decision before ever joining the server to find out it isn't to their taste...

Archived