Home

Need Help With Multiplayer

Hero2Zero

Hi there

I am relatively new to the world of online gaming, and have just bought Jedi Academy.

Whenever I go into multiplayer it just sits there waiting for the servers, and does ... well ... nothing

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to set up multiplayer, or where I am going wrong.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

If you are using the in-game browser, this should be enough to get you started. I have found that sometimes it is a bit of a wait to connect once you have selected a server. How do you find you are waiting? Also, try to select servers that have the lowest ping number. This means that they have a fast connection, which should make the gameplay smoother.

If you are saying that you are not seeing any servers at all when you hit "refresh" or "get new servers", this could be a number of things. First, make sure your internet connection is up and running. Apparently there is a bug in the game that prevents the game from seeing all the servers that is available. Unfortunately, we will probably have to wait for a patch for this.

If you are really desperate, you can download the All Seeing Eye (you can search for this on google). It does a much better job showing all the servers.

I hope that helps a little bit :)

Paul,

One other thing easily overlooked by new players, is to make sure you choose "internet" as source. If this still does not work look for the IP's of servers you would like to join and "add new fav", if this does not work or you and you can't find any servers then try gamespy, there is usually quite a few servers there, but not all of them.

Goodluck,

Caine

http://www.rising-storm.com/home.htm

Hi Paul,

There is a serious bug right now with the master server list and the server browser built into Jedi Academy. The server browser is only showing about 10% of all the servers out there, and which 10% changes from day to day or even hour to hour. You might find a great server while it is listed, then if you don't add it to your Favorites, the next time you look for it you won't see it listed, even though it is still out there running perfectly!

Until Raven patches this bug, you simply must download The All Seeing Eye http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

It is currently showing 491 servers. Start up The All Seeing Eye, refresh the server list, sort from lowest ping to highest, find one that is busy and looks interesting, then right-click on the server and you can choose Connect as Player or Connect as Spectator. Then ASE will automatically launch Jedi Academy for you and take you right to the server!

Archived