Home

Most overused profession

Tack

Please be gentle. First time poster.

I don't have SWG yet but will be getting it in the next day or so. I have been reading everything I can on it and trying to figure out what path I want to go down.

Right now I am leaning towards Scout and looking to eventually become a Ranger.

My question is this: What profession is the most overused?

I don't want to pick the same profession as half the people in the game. In other words, if there is an overabundance of Scouts or Rangers, then I might decide to do something fun (unlike a Dancer or Musician) but that is sought after when a party is forming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tack

I am a Ranger and to tell the truth, their seem's to be fewer of us then the other's, atleast on the scylla server. If do not believe me, become a ranger and see how easy it is to get training from other player's. I have spent a lot of money on just training from NPC's.

my suggestion is that you test multiple professions in the start and then go on with the one wich u figure out u like best.

Take me for example, i wanted to be smuggler/entertainer but now im instead going for smuggler/pistoleer atm cause i found that entertainer wasnt the thing for me.

i would have to agree with erebus, those are definitely the three most sought after professions on lowca as well. but there is a reason for this, as wraith pointed out. these professions are FUN, and rewarding to the player. tack, if you are looking to distinguish yourself, and are a purist like me, go master bounty hunter. those are a rare entity my friend...i know of only two on lowca, soon to be three :D . but honestly, other than a distinct few (namely chefs), there is an abudance of all professions. you should base your choice on how you intend to play the game, rather than sticking out in a crowd. i think you'll enjoy the swg experience a bit more.

cheers :cheers: to all master chefs out there

Thanks for the help guys.

I have been looking into Bounty Hunters and am now leaning towards that profession.

Basically, I want a profession where I can solo to my hearts content and enjoy the game if I never group with anyone, but I want a profession that a group will seek out for those times when I want to group with people.

Does anyone know fo a good Bounty Hunter tutorial? I'll be getting the game today and wanted something to read at work (you know, instead of working) to prepare me before I head down my path.

Well, im mastering CH for my PA, i will admit, its overused, and thats usually by people in the Galactic Civil War, especially rebs, they have to compete with the AT-ST. I myself, just like creatures. Commando is most used by rebs because when you get high enough you can almost single handedly take out an AT-ST. Bounty hunter is so they seem cool like Jango and Boba. Me, just like my buddy Wraith, am doing Pistoleer, its pretty nice from what i got so far..although im only 0/1/0/0. gotta love that bleed shot :p. Entertainer is also, believe it or not, a very overused proffesion. mostly by girls. they are the ones who get the tips...so if your a guy and an entertainer, dont count on too much unless your the only one in the abandoned cantina and the only source for BF and mind healing.

Edit: While bounty hunter is very nice, count on it being your only proffesion basically, yoiu have to master Marksman and Scout to even start BH. then once you master BH, you dont have many skill points left. but hey, good luck buddy.

Originally posted by MasterJo

Bounty hunter is so they seem cool like Jango and Boba.

If you think I went through the headache of mastering marksman and scout just so i could "seem cool", then you are absolutely correct :D . the fact i was forced to waste skill points on things like hunting and trapping makes me cool by definition bud. in this player's opinion, a BH can consider themself whatever they please.

Originally posted by MasterJo

Edit: While bounty hunter is very nice, count on it being your only proffesion basically, yoiu have to master Marksman and Scout to even start BH. then once you master BH, you dont have many skill points left. but hey, good luck buddy.

And that is why the bh special attacks are so powerful. I started pistoleer and I still have those skills because I still need rifles 4 to get to BH. My stopping shot does nothing against a BH. I don't want to be the badest guy around but I am a rebel and I want to kill as many Imps as I can. BH will allow me to do that.

Originally posted by Tack

Basically, I want a profession where I can solo to my hearts content and enjoy the game if I never group with anyone, but I want a profession that a group will seek out for those times when I want to group with people.

If that is what he wants then BH sounds like the perfect fit. IMO camps, maskscent, very basic medic skills and powerful special shots are all that is needed to solo effectively.

Archived