Home

Skin Hack??? (or Siege skin bug?)

Butt_Whisper

Has anyone noticed, on siege games, the amount of peeps "swapping" their class skin for the opposite team's class skin. For example, Last night in a siege server, I noticed about 3-5 people on the imperal side, had the skins of my team (the rebels). Specifically, one appeared as Lando, the rebel assult, and a jedi, on my screen? What's up with this?

ok. first is first

thanks for pointing this out, as i would have forgotten too, lucasarts can now send this bug off to ravensoft, they need to block skin changin in game via console thru seige games, and they need to block the other skin which i have PM'd you Andy which is nearly a cheat skin, you only see the upper torso

i have not posted it here as it is like a cheat reallt

Hmmm.. if they are doing this, I hadn't noticed.

Note that you can tell who's on your team by who shows up on the Radar and who has a team beacon over their heads (and you can see their name when you "look" at them), if that helps.

Also if you have Force Seeing that should help you differentiate teammates from enemies.

But if what you say is true, that would make it much more difficult (though I would think it would work against them as much as for them, but maybe they just do it as a prank to screw up the game).

Update: If they're doing it on a pure server, they're not doing it through the standard "\model" commands, since I just tried it and it doesn't work. But I'll let Raven know just in case... maybe they know how its being done.

PS: If it hasn't already, this should be posted in the "Bugs" thread.

I never thought it was a cheat more as just a random bug. I was playing Seage and it happen to me. I was on the Rebel side on the Tataooine map and the game changed to Hoth map.

Then I was on the imperial side. I was still; however, a rebel. I wasn't cheating, but unless you leave the game and come back in or change characters you are stuck with it.

If someone can do it at will then it is a cheat.. I just thought it was an annoying bug.:confused:

The guy who I fist noticed had the wrong skin killed me a few times then i realized to, put my target recticle over the suspected friend/foe; if i saw red, i killed it. When the map switched to korriban (from hoth) the same peeps were using the other team's skin. I used force see and it at least helped me, but it did cause a little confusion for the team i was on. Like I said, it caught me off-guard at fist, but was not really a problem after that. One guy, and I can't remeber his name, did seem to go with my teams advance, then start blasting at us: almost as if he knew that he had my team's skin.

I wonder if the bug had anything to do with "defer models till death" (meaning at the map change you might still have the wrong skin, until you died) or "force player models" (meaning everyone's skin would look like your's) options?

Those options are helpful normally but might be screwing up a Siege game where skins are more important.

I am not sure. I know for a fact that killed the suspected hacked/bugged player, and they still kept coming back with my team's skin. Also, I was playing as tech both times, and the peeps I saw with the "wrong" skins were not in my class. I am going now to see if that server was dedicated or not ( i saved it in my favorites)

BTW, sorry for not posting this in the bug section, becasue i did not know if it is a bug or hack.

Just to add a bit more substance...it's also happened to me on one or two servers.

We switched from the Hoth map to Korriban - and I spawned with a Rebel trooper skin, when I was supposed to be a Dark Jedi defending the temple. Also, I was supposed to be holding a saberstaff (I could tell by the pose of my character) but it only showed an orange single saber. Someone else had a Snowtrooper skin, etc. I certainly didn't type in any commands to get that skin - and other people were questioning it too when they saw the skins of their own characters.

So I can only imagine it is some kind of a bug that only happens under certain conditions. I'm almost sure we were playing on a Pure server, though I could be mistaken. Perhaps there is something in the server settings that leads to this problem, I don't know.

Whatever it is, I certainly hope Raven is aware of it, and takes steps to fix it. It becomes very disorienting when you have to check twice to see who is friend or foe, and just goes to show how important the team skins are for playing this particular game type.

Archived