Home

A Standard Vehicle Pack for JKA?

razorace

Should OJP establish a standard vehicle library for JKA?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should OJP establish a standard vehicle library for JKA?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Not Sure.

Me and the rest of the moderators for OJP (Open Jedi Project) are considering if we should include vehicles in the project.

The pros are that mappers would have a easier time using player created vehicles in their maps. You could simply reference the vehicle and OJP and then not have to worry about it. Otherwise, you have to personally package all the additional models with your map.

The cons are that there's a risk of bloating if there are too many quality vehicles included with OJP. We could simply make the vehicle model download a seperate release package, but it's still a consideration. Plus, it would be extra work for OJP staff. There's no point if noone would use it in the first place.

Would you want such a vehicle standard and would you use it?

Any input would be great.

I was interested in creating some vehicles for JA such as land speeders and hovercrafts and such. So there is no doubt that i would in fact use these in my map making as well as in learning how to create new vehicles. I have a few ideas for skiffs such as the ones seen in return of the jedi and a few types of speeder bikes with mounted weapons, maybe some vehicles like pod racers as well.

Originally posted by RalKon

Heck Yeah, Bloat that sucker for all I care!!!! LMAO!!

in all honesty, I dont care either way. if need be, I can always download it on my high speed internet at work, burn it to CD, and take it home...

We're going to try to keep things under control. If the vehicle pack gets above a couple of megs, we'll seperate it from the main distribution and make it have a different release schedule.

I assume you're talking about how to credit OJP when referencing to a OJP supported vehicle.

I suggest that you just state that the map is a OJP map and requires the OJP vehicle pack to work correctly. We don't have a website yet, but Emon is working on it.

Archived