Home

Recent Joy

Artoo

I've been out of contact for a good week now and there's a very good reason why. :D

I am now the owner of a brand-spankin' new Dell XPS system with the works which includes:

1) 3.0 Ghz P4 Processor

2) 2 - 120 Gb RAIDed Hard Drives

3) 1 Gb DDR SDRAM

4) Radeon 9800 XT

5) 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound

6) 19 in. CRT monitor

This overgrown calculator is actually going to be able to play Half-Life 2! And it's my favorite color... Blue.

It is such a glorious system that I had to brag on it, for I have upgraded from a 1 Ghz, 20 Gb, GeForce 2MX, and this machine kicks. Period.

Also I got my scores from the ACT which I took in August and I made a 35. :D

So it has been a long week of joy and tribulation in my household, too bad there's still school. :(

Artoo, first of all, congrats :D

Secondly, how's the card? Is the fan too loud? Hehehe, sorry, the thing is I want to build a comp as I said in a nother thread and I don't know if the card is worth the price, but if you tell me it isn't too loud and it works ok, then I'll have made up my mind.

BTW, how much did all that cost?

I do not notice the fan noise at all, overall it's a very quiet system, of course the fact that I'm blasting 5.1 probably helps with ignoring the fan noise. And I got it to render Battlefield Single-Player with all bots and everything turned up and the framerate has yet to drop no matter what I do. So I'm very satisfied with the card. :)

I don't wanna mention the price of the computer because it was too much, and you'll all think I'm a spoiled hick if I do mention it but coincidentally it is a good thing I made a 35 so I don't have to worry about college money. :D

Archived