Home

Making an INVISIBLE blade to use w/ swords... (*spoilers*)

numark79

Sup, has anybody tried this yet? I'm trying to mod the saber.menu file to include an invisible blade to use with swords from various different hilt packs. I'm not trying to make the invisible blade replace an already existing one, or cancel out all the saber blades. I want to get a new blade to work for a total of 7. So far, I've gotten the icon to show up, and the sound to work as well. The problem is, the invisible icon's blade is blue, while the orange icon's blade is invisible! AhhH! any help at all would be MUCH appreciated yo.

payce

Set your saber type to "SABER_SITH_SWORD". It makes it have no blade and does knockback.

Yeah, but I haven't been able to get that to work in MP. Does anybody know how to get it to work?

But yeah, I think that's the only way to do it right now, in SP at least, without replacing an already existing saber color. The saber.menu file only seems to recognize red, yellow, orange, blue, green, purple, and random as valid entries. In other words, it won't recognize any custom parameters =( Oh well,

payce

saber_sith_sword I knew about anyway, most people who want a transparent blade have tried it in MP to no avail. I still can't work out why MP doesn't have it, why remove something like that?

There is a mod out there that replaces one of the existing colors, but then what do you do when people who like that color can't use it on a server because it's running a mod to disable that color? It's really annoying.

sith_sword

{

//note: the SABER_SITH_SWORD type of saber draws no blade and does knockback

name "Glory of the Sith"

saberType SABER_SITH_SWORD

saberModel "models/weapons2/sith_scepter/sith_sword_w.glm"

saberLength 44

notInMP 1

}

Copy of the sith_sword.sab file.

Like mentioned, set the saberType to SABER_SITH_SWORD and the blade won't be drawn.

For MP purposes, maybe make the notInMP variable is set to 0. Since I doubt a custom made saber would have that variable set anyway, maybe the saberType contains that information as well, so maybe adding the variable notInMP and setting it off would work...?

Did you use that variable on a saberType SABER_SITH_SWORD?

Because that variable wouldn't stop the blades from being drawn, but it may allow the SABER_SITH_SWORD saberType (which we know doesn't draw a blade) work in MP.

Yeah, all the swords I have work in MP now, and they all have that SABER_SITH_SWORD for the sabertype. About that notinMP thing, I just straight up deleted it from the .sab files, heheh. They all still have the blade drawn in MP, but dang, they sure look good in SP though, =P

But I was really hoping to make an invisible icon, that way people with swords wouldn't have to open up the pk3 and mess around with the .sab files every time they wanted to use and add a sword. Oh well, the pack is almost done, I'll try to put it up on LucasFiles soon.

payce

Archived