nino

What format should MI5 be in?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What format should MI5 be in?

• Old skool, like MI 1&2
    • Drawn, like CMI
    • Grafics, like EMI

old skool all the way!!

i'm a dumas...i don't have CMI or EMI (but i'm being extra good and a savin' my money:D ...sigh...)

But i can tell you...pixels rock socks.

However, as much as i would like the ol' 256 colors and pixel huntin', they'll NEVER make a old skool Mi5.

However also, i wouldn't like it all 3D like in EMI. yuk.

am i the only only one to vote for grapics like EMI ????

(also the 1st to vote woohoo)

I liked the graphics in EMI a whole load better than the others.

No way on earth will they go back to mi1 and mi2 design (though if they do i will still byt the game and love it) cos im just recently re-playing mi1 and 2 and cant beleive the shocking graphics, but the ace story line and jokes and action more than make up for it.

I like the cartoon graphics from MI3 alot as will.

Sometimes i think Lucasarts are gonna do sommet diffrent and do a EMI type graphic but only 3rd person (the one where ya behind the player) and walk around like GTA. Walkiing around a busy dock would be good this way but it would have loads of advantaqes and disadvantages.

What ever wya they choose it'll be a brill game.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should use as much 3D as possible in the game, but disguise it, using (some 3D technique that's used in alot of console games, like that 1st person shooter, XIII).

---The point of using that technique, I forgot to mention, is to make it look like very well-drawn 2D drawn graphics, but with 3D-rendered lighting and shading. The style in MI3 was too neutral for my tastes, it's okay to make it look like comic-type graphics and overdo it.

IMO they should tone down the overcartooniness (a great new word not found in any dictionary) of EMI and have the drawn style of CMI with a bit more of a darker look to it. If you wanna know what im getting at look at the header picture at the top of this page.

They need a cross between the slightly darker, more realistic style of MI1/2 with the cartooniness of CMI. Anybody here play Zelda Wind Waker? the cartoon cell-shaded lighting in that game looks excellent. What they need to do is combine the cell-shadiness idea you see in that game, with a more "realistic" drawing style ala monkey island 3 and the drawing of the scumm bar above. Waddayathink? (another amazing word)

Archived