Home

Reccomend a Server?

Dai2k

Hi as a UK player who will be getting his import copy tommorrow (hopefully) id just like to ask which server is the best for low lag levels.

Obviously when the euro server's open in a couple of weeks i will ad a character on the UK server however as this is a little while away id like to know which server has the largest population of players who like to do some role-playing (but not excessively) and also the server that has a lot of UK based players.

Ive heard Eclipse is the unofficial UK server but ive also heard that it has high pings due to the fact so many people from the Uk play on it.

So anyone have any suggestions?

Originally posted by Dai2k

id like to know which server has the largest population of players who like to do some role-playing (but not excessively) and also the server that has a lot of UK based players.

Go for Starsider! If i'm not mistaken, it's the unofficial RP server, with usually a good balance between RPers and non-RPers (Though the non-RPers are the majority, I think)

why everyone love starsider?????

I'm in love with scylla even that it makes me have lots of lag, but well, all my friends and my main PA is there.

I think if I need to see you I have to play with my starsider character, she's still in the same place where I left wraithy :p

just need some help, I just need some advices on professions, i started an entertainer there cause I wanted to have something totally different of my main character, but she started entertainer and medic last saturday (medic to help in hunts and entertainer to work as a spy what isworking :p) so now I don't want to try an entertainer on starsider, i was thinking about working in the skills to become a bio engieneer. do you know if that profession is good?

Well looks like i may have to await the UK release now as im sending back my copy of SWG (USA Import) due to the fact that the key had allready neen registered.

If anyone is aware of an online import store that hasd stock of the game ready to go now please let me know as i would like to start playing asap but unless i find somewhere to get the game im stuck till the UK release date.

Cheers

Originally posted by Devil Doll

why everyone love starsider?????

I'm in love with scylla even that it makes me have lots of lag, but well, all my friends and my main PA is there.

I think if I need to see you I have to play with my starsider character, she's still in the same place where I left wraithy :p

just need some help, I just need some advices on professions, i started an entertainer there cause I wanted to have something totally different of my main character, but she started entertainer and medic last saturday (medic to help in hunts and entertainer to work as a spy what isworking :p) so now I don't want to try an entertainer on starsider, i was thinking about working in the skills to become a bio engieneer. do you know if that profession is good?

i dont really know DD. i never been a BIO engineer. you need medical crafting 4 and hunting 4 of the scout tree.

hmmm well it looks like Starsider wil be the first server i try out.

I just need to figure out what my character is going to be now.

Ill also prolly try out shadowfire at some point.

Eventually ill be using the UK server aswell (if its any good and if they get round to telling us when its going to be setup for use).

Also for anyone interested i will be heading up a guild that will play on the UK server and possibly some others also.

If youre interested please Private message me and ill let you know some more details.

Okay well my copy of SWG has landed at home. Ill be on StarSider tonight (hopefully).

As long as my Key hasnt been registered by someone else again that is.

Ill be on StarSider permanatley i think plus ill go to the UK servers aswell with my guild.

I'll prolly try some of the other servers at some point aswell.

Well I created a character on Starsider last night. Ive started in Moth Espa. All ive done so far is run around like a headless chicken :D

Quick question for you, do you run the game low detail settings or high. When i try high my Lag gets quite bad. Im just wondering, it may be that as im in the uk that im getting issues that will be resolved when the UK servers put live.

My Pc is a 2.8 gig P4 Gforce 4 Ti4600 graphics and 512mb DDR ram so i know my PC can handle the 1280*1024 im running at im just wondering if anyone else has issues with running the game at higher resolutions.

Cheers Wraith, if youre ever in Mos Espa come say hello to a Rodian called Rahl'ik N'ar :D . Ill prolly keep playing on Starsider even when my guild ge the UK copy of the game.

And yeah i was playing last night from around 8pm (GMT) to 2am (GMT). So im assuming that Im playing smack bang in the middle of the busiest time.

Also as you were saying about high detail ive turned off shadows aswell ,they seem to cause a lot of slowdown/lag.

Archived