Home

Guns No Force Gameplay in JA?

NaiLz

Before I spend 50 bucks on this game. I played the demo but unfortunately cant tryout multiplayer. The conc in the single player seemed ok except for the stupid way sabers with a force power can block ur conc shots. Concussion Rifle = conc for those of u not from the JK DF 2 gaming world. So what I am asking is if anyone in here has player No Force Guns online yet and how is it compared to JK DF 2? {prolly not as cool hehe}. I know all of you are Saberists hah sigh. But Guns gameplay in JK DF 2 is the reason I stayed with it. It's just too much fun. Let me know some info and honest opinions on what u guys think. I don't want to spend 50 bucks like i did on JO and have to throw it away or resell it cuz I didn't like it. Thanks

oh and just to clear up the issue on the concussion rifle being too powerful. If you don't want to play nf guns which is leave packs saber=peace concs only most of the time then just leave or dont join the game at all. k thanks. :D

well if what you're asking is if the conc in multiplayer is good with out force powers (which i think you are), all i have to say is almost all ffa maps dont have it, and only one map i have played on has it, and that map is a seige map. But you must play as a certain side, and class to have it.....so I guess they thought it was too powerful, who knows :confused: . but who cares about the conc when you have the DL and E-11, thats all i need, and oh single saber just to balance it out...merc with saber = invincable :D

ok u missed my point entirely. someone i head has made a canyon oasis map from jk1 in JA. I WANT SOME NF GUNNING CONCUSSION RIFLE ACTION LIKE IN JEDI KNIGHT 1 WITH NO FORCE POWERS. gosh go into nar shadda in jk1 if u have it download merc oasis 2 http://www.geocities.com/nailz_jcs/mercoasis2.zip play for 15 mins with good gunners and u will get the experience im talking about. now for those of you guys again. let me explain this clearly

concussion rifles only. no force powers. on a modded map for concussion rifles and guns play only. would the concussion rifle in JA be as fun as the gameplay from the concussion rifle in jk1? there that lay it down for u?

ridalin? HAH this is me normally bro. look either the gamplay is solid or it's like this k? jo and ja were made for all the newb saberists in jk1 who sucked at gunsplay all of u jew ass newbs ruined the gunsplay in the sequels with your. the conc is too powerful take it out blah blah. look just stfu stfd and somc ok? all u damn wtbers.

Dude, i realize that you love guns, but look at the title of the game Jedi Knight this implies sabers. I feel with you about some of the stuff, like no one appreciates guns for what they are, but I enjoy the saber fighting too...ok forget about the ridalin, u need f-ing morphin tube in your arm so we can all strole the forums with out you saying that Jedi knight, a game mostly about saber combat should be all guns and we should all shut up...sorry dude, just the way it is. Best advise, make your own server and mad it so you can have only concussion rifles. and have at it my friend.

Did you ever play Instagib in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast? There was no Concussion Rifle in JKII but the Instagib mod eliminated all weapons but the Tenloss Disruptor Rifle and made it a 1-hit kill weapon. If you never bought JKII you can get it at a discount now. Then go to one of these servers:

Chop Shop Disruption Instagib 64.246.58.192

Wireplay.co.UK Instagib CTF 62.105.80.7

bygames.com Instagib CTF 194.117.138.253 (unfortunately will be shutting down next month)

Or you can make an Instagib mod for JA when the SDK comes out.

Well, IMO, the conc is ok but there's only one map (and siege) that actually has it. Only problem is the ammo consumption is way too high and uses the same ammo as the repeater and golan arms so if you run out of concussion ammo, you're stuck with a ****ty gun, as the repeater won't be available.

Anyway, the Concussion Rifle in single player is very different fromthe one in Multiplayer.

The MP version doesn't throw off your aim quite so much with every shot, it doesn't give off a hum and it can't be blocked by sabers. It is VERY HARD to push back primary shots (it can be done, but only once in a blue moon with perfect timing).

It's on several maps actually if you know where to look. While primary fire is weaker than JK/Mots, secondary is stronger. Its only real weakness is that it uses up a lot of ammo per shot (but thankfully metallic bolt ammo is plentiful on most maps, just use the ammo you'd normally save for the Flechette or Repeater and use it for the Conc).

It's not identical to JK1... JK1 was faster, and the only way you're going to get that level of speed is by uping the game speed (g_speed) which is up to you when you run a server.

Anyway, lay off the trolling and flaming, that's not what these forums are about. If you don't get a helpful answer right away don't freak out and lash out at people. Ditto for you people who flamed him back.

Next time give people a chance and don't be so confrontational about it.

Thread closed.

Archived