Home

Finding non-pure servers on ASE

shinobi2204

Can anybody help me, I would like to set up a filter on ASE (All Seeing Eye) that will show non pure servers, I have been using this for about a month and I can tell a non pure server sometimes by the map or by whether the 'AllowDownload' part is set to 1 but I was wondering if there was a way of filtering these servers to make things easier and quicker.

Many thanks.

I can't say about ASE, but in Qtracker one can create a custom filter by copying one already there and simply changing the variables in Notepad. Here's the page that explains how, and it's pretty easy...

http://www.qtracker.com/docs-filters.shtml

When you open the Filters>Game window in QT, click on the Organize... button to access the available filters, and open one in Notepad, then save as whatever you want to not write over the original. Then follow the instructions on the page above.

What you're looking for is a "rule" that includes the cvar variable that decides whether a server is a Pure Server or not, which I don't know. Once you find that variable, simply create a rule with it set to "0" and make sure that all of the other stuff in the file is changed to the appropriate entries, like filename and description, etc. Then when you select it in the Filters window, it should only show servers that have the cvar set to not be a pure server.

Hope that made sense... you'll figure it out. Maybe somebody will be an angel and post the actual Pure Server cvar.

:ang2:

Hmmm... ok. Well I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe someone with a little more ASE experience will chime in. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a way to create custom filters in ASE... but I mostly use Qtracker. Eventually someone will create this and post it on the Qtracker site, just like was done with JK2. I've gotta say though, in the Qtracker interface just under the File menu is a button for Options, and just about every single controllable feature is accessible there.

Hopefully someone will post who knows ASE a little better.

ive tried q-tracker again, this is what i have written down in note pad.

description Pure Server

directory Pure Server

game jediknightjediacademy

active 0

filename sv_pure 0.qtf

homepage http://lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy

if mod equals "basejk"

and if sv_pure equals "0"

But it dosent seem to be working do you know what i am doing wrong? and how do you get it back to being a Q-Tracker file, it is still a notepad file.

That looks fine... now you simply need to rename the file to "sv_pure 0.qtf" and then dbl-click it to begin the installer.

Now before you say "but it is named that!," probably your system has file extensions for know file types disabled, which means that there's probably a hidden ".txt" at the end of your filename. To change this...

Open a Windows Explorer window, and select "Folder Options" from the "Tools" menu above. Once that's open, click on the "View" tab, and then make sure this option is deselected...

"Hide extensions for known file types"

And then click Apply/Ok. Now go back to your "sv_pure 0.qtf" file and see if has a ".txt" at the end. If so, right-click on the file to rename it and erase the ".txt" - you'll get a warning, but ignore it.

Now, dbl-click on the file and it should auto-install itself in Qtracker.

Personally I find both programs just as easy to use, so I don't see the big deal. Just spend some time clicking on menus and buttons and you'll figure it out eventually even without reading any documentation or tips from us.

I ran a non pure server for Halloween and have been for the last few days but hardly anyone joins. I'm guessing mainly because I'm not appearing in the in-game server browser list. Prior to Halloween my server was constantly full, meaning I probably was on the list.

Ah well...

Originally posted by Kurgan

I ran a non pure server for Halloween and have been for the last few days but hardly anyone joins. I'm guessing mainly because I'm not appearing in the in-game server browser list. Prior to Halloween my server was constantly full, meaning I probably was on the list.

I looked for your server on the weekend, but I was unable to find it in the All Seeing Eye. I joined for a bit with the ip directly for a bit though...

Archived