Home

should college athletes be compensated?

daring dueler

should college students be compensated?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. should college students be compensated?

• yes
    • no
    • im not sure
    • it depends on the team
    • i dont understand

should college athletes be compensated?

i say no, i mean they get an eduacation for the college, why should they eb compensated, i know that there are many different veiws on this subject, and most of people i ask agree with me. college games make alot of money, and the athletes complain they never see any of it, but doesn't thaty money go back to them through equipment and education?

No, they shouldn't.

Many of these players are there on full ride or atleast athletic scholarship programs. Their playing saves them/their parents money, not to mention the better and more they play the better chance they have of getting scouted. So if they're really serious about the sport and want a career out of it they need to suck it up. I love playing computer games and when/if that became a college sport I wouldn't ask for money, I'd just find it kick ass enough that I'd get college credit for it. :)

But that's just my feelings on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes... they already get plenty of scholarship money if they play well. I think the whole idea is just foolish. I'm getting pretty sick of athletes asking for more and more money. Sure, they should be paid, but I think most of us agree that what professionals are being paid these days is just asinine.

On that same level, I don't think college athletes should be paid anymore than what they might already get through scholarships... What real contribution is an athlete going to make to a post-popculture (read: after nuclear war) to the world? What real contribution does one make now? Not much of one. They front some charaties and other good things, but that just makes them the middle man.

So, no... If they were "compensated" they would be "compensated" for doing jack. At least, in my eyes they've done jack.

Archived