Home

Saber lock

Kevlar

saberlock rules, ever do the one w/ dual saber where:

while in saber lock w/ saber in right hand, you throw the other in a circle around your back and it comes back to slice them in half, looks sooooo cool.

If you use dual use attack 2 in saber lock, i think thats how I did it, or it is completely random, not sure.

Single saber has some cool ones as well.

eniaC

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Ehehe... I think you people are forgetting that on a lot of the servers, saber locks have been disabled.

Ehehe...erm..

And there are lock fight servers where there is always

saber lock when sabers hit...

In SP, I get alot of locks in the custom "ladder" levels...obviously this is inherent to how these levels have been coded

I play MP mainly against BOTS, I very seldom get them there

In standard SP I have had them very rarely as well

..there is of course a console command, if you are a big fan of the lock !

MTFBWYA

I occasionally get saberlocks in both MP and SP - And dread them :rolleyes:

They look awesome, but trying to outclick a guy using his mousewheel as an extra attack button is... well, let's just say I lose saberlocks often :D

In SP I enjoy saberlocks very much, although when playing the game on Jedi Master I often lose because of the AI's fast "button mashing". Actually, the funniest way of dying for me in SP is when I lose a saberlock to a reborn w. dual sabers - and he proceeds cuts my head off and then kicks my body across the room :p

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Ehehe... I think you people are forgetting that on a lot of the servers, saber locks have been disabled.

Ehehe...erm..

Yeah, it sucks too. ; )

AJL,

which servers are you refering, I can't ever find any w/ the saber lock value higher than default. (1)

Does anybody know if there is a way to enable saber lock in ffa w/ out having to be in a private duel?

eniaC

server 66.98.177.213 DarkMatter-Public 1

Finally I found some people who see the fun ( and realism) in saber locks!!

Saberlocks can happen in any game mode depending on server settings. I can even make them happen all the time -lol.

I have been experimenting with several saber variables on the server side for 2 weeks now. I think I have finally found the right balance.

First of all there is a command g_saberlockfactor <1-20> that sets the frequency of saber locks. I have my server set to

g_saberlockfactor 7 ( 4 in duel ) ; g_saberlocking 1; and g_saberdamagescale 2. This makes the sabers more powerful and requires more skillful use of the saber. I have experimented with other variables and am still trying to figure out ways to make saber combat a bit more realistic. some other commands made locks occur every single time you hit anothersaber ( g_debugsaberlocks 1, g_saberlockrandomness 1) hopefully someone will figure these out soon and share the knowledge.

be careful with these settings thay can really get annoying. For Example ,I couldnt figure out why noone joined my server until i realized that saber combat was ALL saberlocks (lol). I figured out the cause and corrected it but hey i learned alot in the process.

my server is still a work in progress so feedback is essential.

I have room for 14 or so on my server ( and i still have probs with the master server- so add me to your favorites.) and would be glad to go pure saber/ limited force if I had enough interest.

stop by http://www.planethaven.net/jediacademy to get the server information- updates on server settings.

Please stop by and let me know how you guys like it. I have disabled some force powers and some weapons.

send feedback to xintar@planethaven.net

If you are an admin and intersted in helping admin my server please let me know, I could use a hand.

Darth_Nemesis, Admin, DarkMatter Public 1

Archived