Home

1.01 - Stance Cycle Stuck?

~Gh0st~

I just noticed this in singleplayer after installing the patch. Using the cheat "setforceall <whatever#>" will give you all saber stances, but since 1.01, you cannot cycle through all your stances. It get's stuck on Tavion's light stance. Anyone else having this problem? :(

My work-around (for SP) is simply to use the playermodel cheat to switch to sombody who has all three (normal) stances. For the others I suppose you could try switching to Tavion or Desann then back to player.

I know it sucks, 1.0 didn't seem to have that problem.

well I by chance came up with a crude fix for the probelm. It works for me.

what I did was aside from the L button was make a second quick key available for changing the stances. I used the 3rd mouse button(wheel). What happened is that if I press both the L and second quick key together it would change the stance from the stuck point after a couple tries. It does this for me.

So if anyone is still looking for a fix for this probelm thats what I came up with.

I have no doubt there is a better way, but I don't know it.

Well, 3 if you include the demo :p I never tried the beta but I'm guessing I'd get a similar bug there.

Yup I get all 5 stances with setforceall, with no weird ones, but I can't switch past Tavion's, it gets stuck there. And like I say, I've had this bug in every JKA build I've played.

I wouldn't count the beta, after all it was an illegally leaked (and hacked) version that was never meant to be seen by the public.

If we're going to go that route, we might as well include every build they ever made of the game, since none of those were public either. ; )

Sorry to nitpick...

If there is one model you are using most of the time, the easiest thing would be create a little .npc file which has all the information you want. For example:

- Create a empty text file and rename it to a .npc file (e.g. mycharacter.npc). Or you could just extract an existing one and alter that.

- so in your file you could have something like:

mycharacter
{
playermodel [your model directory e.g. kyle]
saberstyle	1
saberstyle	2
saberstyle 	3
// ...
// Set each of the force powers 
// to what you want.
// Set any else you want
}

- package this up into a .pk3 and put it into your base directory.

- then bind a key to select this NPC as the player model. e.g. bind [key] "playermodel mycharacter"

- then when the game starts just hit your key and your model will be selected, the force powers will be what you want, and you will have the three standard saber stances.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived