Home

Jedi Academy: For the XBOX

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-

i have it...it is pretty awesome...way better designed and developed for Xbox than JO for Xbox...

they actually spent time on it...JO for Xbox was a quick little slap together, they thought of it like 3 months before release on Xbox where as JA for Xbox, 7 months before release...

Xbox LIVE is pretty awesome, great graphics and the cutscenes aren't recorded from the PC and implemented, they are in-engine...

Can you describe in detail for us how the Xbox Live! portion works?

Do you have a servers list like in ASE?

Does it cost anything to use Live?

How many people can play at once?

Can you join PC servers?

Does it have all the same maps/modes as the PC version?

Is it split screen, or does it look just like the PC version (Ie: each player sees only what they would normally see on their screen)?

Can you still use all the cvars and things for MP like you could with the PC? (Ie: saberdamagescale, debugmelee, weapon/forcepower disable, gravity, speed, etc)?

How is the ping on Xbox Live? Is the lag comparable to using Dialup or cable/dsl on the PC?

How many servers are there to choose from? Are they official only or can people host their own servers for Xbox Live JA games?

Can you still play split screen if you are playing offline (ie: your friends gathered around the TV on your Xbox)? And if so, how many people can play at once?

Also, I assume that to use Xbox Live! you still need to buy a "kit" to use it on your Xbox... it's not "out of the box" internet ready like the Dreamcast was?

you cannot play against PC players and you do need the kit...

there is no dial-up players because Xbox LIVE does not support dial-up, it only supports DSL and CABLE...

the maps are the same, there is a split screen if you want to play offline with a friend.

you have a servers list when you search for games to play...

it costs $50 a year to play LIVE but the first year is free...

i don't know how many people can play at once, i'll have to check on that...

Can you still use all the cvars and things for MP like you could with the PC? (Ie: saberdamagescale, debugmelee, weapon/forcepower disable, gravity, speed, etc)?[/Quote] what do you think this is...the PC? of course not, it is a console! you can control like force power levels, lightsaber only, friendly fire, etc.

there are quite a few servers for JA on Xbox, people cannot host their own servers but can host their own games if that's what you mean.

when you are playing on LIVE, it is a regular screen as you would see on the PC and not Split...

Archived