Home

KOTOR 2

Darth MarcII

Originally posted by Excelsion

There's no expansion because it was (originally) an Xbox game. .

i believe you are very incorrect with this statement you see it was releases first for Xbox but I have followed the release dates of the game since before AoTC and it has allways been a PC Game and an XBox Game it is likely if an expansion is made it will be some sort of XBox Live download on the big black machine so i see no conflict

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very good observations. and hilt customization would be nice i guess. but i did like the ones that were there, though they were not as varying as the ones from say JA. but this is a different type of game. as fars as jedi robes, i agree completely. we need better jedi robes. armor, there were a few i really liked. but for the most part, a majority i didn't. you had at least one really good example of what the armor could have looked like in every class. say for instance your light armor class, darth bandond's armor, was a variation on the combat suit essentially. as was the echani light armor. but darth bandon's armor looked alot better than either of the two previously mentioned armors. and the light exoskeleton looked even better, in my opinion. so, i think they had some really nice looking armor. but the majority looked crappy, because they would take a decent model, and turn it into something hideous like the baragwin shadow armor or

ulic's mesh suit. just outright hideous color combinations. :) so i thought most armors had the potential of being good, just alot of the skins were not, in my opinion very pleasing to the eye.

exar kun's light battle suit however. god, that thing looked so cool. i was a little disappointed in it's stats. but it was his LIGHT battle suit. so i give them credit for at least taking the time to call it such. but it looked d@mn cool.

Originally posted by Darth Exar Kun

i believe you are very incorrect with this statement you see it was releases first for Xbox but I have followed the release dates of the game since before AoTC and it has allways been a PC Game and an XBox Game it is likely if an expansion is made it will be some sort of XBox Live download on the big black machine so i see no conflict

Yeah I know it was. But what I'm saying is that people who prefer to play the game on Xbox won't want to buy an expansion unless its on budget price. I don't think they will make an expansion. Other Xbox + PC games don't have expansions, look at Halo.

I believe the Xbox version already has downloadable content, I dont see why this cant apply fior an expansion pack, a 300mb+ download over an adsl connection wouldnt take long at all.......

Plus having a game where you can use elements of previous games isnt entirely new.....on the PS2 there is a great hack n slash game called "Dynasty Warriors", DW3 had an expansion(Callled DW3 Extreme legends-XL) where you could use the new XL characters in the DW3 campaigns...you just had to do a disc swap when you wanted to do this........

Ah well, sequel or exp pack, we'll just have to wait n see...... as long as we get to use our character again is most important....

MTFBWYA

yes, well this is not an issue about whether xbox will get an expansion pack. who really gives a flying @#$$ about the xbox? :)

okay got that off my chest. seriously this has nothing to do with whether expansion packs have been made for the xbox or not. bioware's games have never been primarily console. did NWN come out for the xbox at all? i don't think so, but if it did there goes your argument. anyway, this deals more with the game company than what platforms it was released on. practically every bioware game in existence has an expansion pack for it. do you really think that will change because they have released a game for the xbox now? so YOU may not get the expansion pack. but the market for pc expansion packs is huge, and i don't think the fact that the game has an xbox version will change years of company policy.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I believe the Xbox version already has downloadable content, I dont see why this cant apply fior an expansion pack, a 300mb+ download over an adsl connection wouldnt take long at all.......

The Xbox version has downloadable stuff!?!? :mad:

If there is an expansion, it's gonna be at least 1/2 of KOTOR's size (in memory). And 2Gb is quite a lot to download.

I guess its possible, I'm just saying it isn't very likely that Bioware release an expansion.

When I read about KotOR being released way back when. They had they PC version done before the XBox version. But since there is a lot of problems with piracy with PC Games they decided to release the XBox version first so gamers would buy it and hopefully boast sales for the PC version. As far as I can see this strategy worked very well.

Since BioWare had finished the PC version first and waited to release it, it was intended to be a PC based game, and well the XBox is really a computer with a TV for a monitor. But my point being that BioWare will come out with EP because almost every game they have made has had one, and this is one of their best selling games of all time. They would be dumb not to release several EP when they know they will sell quick.

very very true. i read that as well. specifically, that the game was originally pc, and when it was released for the xbox they had to cut back the texture sizes considerably.

i just can't believe people would think that acompany would change its policy on expansion packs just because they released a game for the xbox. a little egocentrical to think the world revolves around the sell of xbox games. i hardly thnk most of bioware's income is generated from xbox game sales.

Originally posted by eidospsogos

very good observations. and hilt customization would be nice i guess. but i did like the ones that were there, though they were not as varying as the ones from say JA. but this is a different type of game.

exar kun's light battle suit however. god, that thing looked so cool. i was a little disappointed in it's stats. but it was his LIGHT battle suit. so i give them credit for at least taking the time to call it such. but it looked d@mn cool.

where did you find Exar Kun's battle suit? also where can i find the Qel Droma robes?

both on korriban. you buy exar kun's light battle suit at the store found along the same hall as the cantina. not the weapons merchant, the czerka rep. but the weapons merchant sells cassus fett's pistol. pick it up, well worth it.

qel droma's robes, while nothing much appearance wise, have great stats.

they are found in the shyrack cave after killing the tarentatek. once over the little land bridge you will see there is avery narrow strip of land that runs left and right of the exit the students wanted you to clear. the robes will be found on a corpse in this area.

bioware has had expansion packs for all their games. what makes you think that now, just because the xbox has a bioware game, that all of a sudden that will change? that's the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

What I'm saying is that you dont get expansions for console games. Name one and you can have a free cookie.

If Bioware do make an expansion it'll be downloadable through Xbox live and be buyable for PC. Which is what I said before. It's just unlikely seeing as they've already announced KOTOR 2.

according to the bioware forums NOTHING has been OFFICIALLY announced. EVERYTHING regarding kotor 2 is mere conjecture. nothing more than rumor. and hey, maybe the xbox will never get an expansion pack. the likelihood of them offering it for free download is unlikely. but just because something has not happened before in the past, doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. like, say a computer OS company taking watered down computer components, putting them in a box and making money hand over fist by selling them as game consoles. no one did that before prior to xbox. that doesn't mean xbox does not exist.

i am simply saying that it is not very likely that a company that has every game in it's portfolio offering expansion packs, would all of a sudden choose not to offer an expansion pack for a very popular game when it has been there obvious policy to release expansion packs for their games in the past, just because no one who owns an x-box is likely to play an expansion pack. it COULD happen that way. but it's NOT likely.

otherwise, i think if they did release an expansion pack for BOTH you would see a hell of alot of xbox owners buying expansion packs for the first time in it's very short history of existence.

What I'm saying is that you dont get expansions for console games. Name one and you can have a free cookie.
Name one console gamewhere you go into the depth of character customization and as many possiblities while still using the same characters in a universe as big as star wars and you can have not one but2 free cookies

according to the bioware forums NOTHING has been OFFICIALLY announced. EVERYTHING regarding kotor 2 is mere conjecture. nothing more than rumor. and hey, maybe the xbox will never get an expansion pack. the likelihood of them offering it for free download is unlikely. but just because something has not happened before in the past, doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. like, say a computer OS company taking watered down computer components, putting them in a box and making money hand over fist by selling them as game consoles. no one did that before prior to xbox. that doesn't mean xbox does not exist.

i am simply saying that it is not very likely that a company that has every game in it's portfolio offering expansion packs, would all of a sudden choose not to offer an expansion pack for a very popular game when it has been there obvious policy to release expansion packs for their games in the past, just because no one who owns an x-box is likely to play an expansion pack. it COULD happen that way. but it's NOT likely.

otherwise, i think if they did release an expansion pack for BOTH you would see a hell of alot of xbox owners buying expansion packs for the first time in it's very short history of existence.

Yeah I know it COULD happen. But its unlikely is what I'm saying. Why? Because you don't install console games. Expansions always require the original to be installed (on PC). Sure, it could happen, but its just not too likely. Which is what I've been saying all this time.

@eidospsogos:

there are some i wouldn't mind keeping. but some can go to a galaxy far far away for all i care.

who you want to keep and who should go?

if you want the romance story to be continued Carth and Bastila are a must.

Maybe the game starts when you are female with yourself and Carth upon a starship fighting remnants of the Sith in Space obove an old Sith Planet. you defeat them and find hints of a dark rising upon the Planet.

If you are male, you are with Bastila on Corouscant, the Jedi Acadamy training young students.

Juhani and Bindo are also there.

You will get a report, that Carth had found something interesting upon an unknown Sith World.

You travel to this world. Of course you have to get together your old crew and add some new ones.

Canderous is a killermachine like Hk 47. Bindo is cool and has always something to say as well as Mission.

Zaalbar and t3 m are for the Star wars flair.

So i don´t want to loose anyone of them

What i forget:

- my character should have his own voice and speak the text

- you should be able to update your own swoop bike

There's only one thing to be said about this topic now :

WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT & SEE !!

Yes, XBos DOES have downloadable content, and PC expansion packs are usually 1 disc.....650/700mb limit....

ah, well...I hope someone with an XB will confirm this, its written on the darn game cover !

MTFBWYA

well the game is SUPOSSED to have downloadable content. whether it does actually have any right now, remains to be seen.

as far as characters i feel can be left out, i didn't like juhani at all. her little sprig of weeds shooting out of the top of here head annoyed me to no end. she was like a chia-cathar. and she was just plain annoying to me. and i thought zaalbar was pretty much useless. soooo, you can keep the wookie. and if someone could get rid of the sprout on top of juhani's head then i wouldn't mind her staying. but otherwise i hardly ever used those two except for their respective sidequests.

• 1 month later...

A more convincing and meaningful romance please... none of this fade out to black screen or a stale I love you from Carth in the end. Show us a kiss, a hug, holding hands... anything to make our character that little more real.

Tug at my heart strings anytime!

Originally posted by Melissa L

A more convincing and meaningful romance please... none of this fade out to black screen or a stale I love you from Carth in the end. Show us a kiss, a hug, holding hands... anything to make our character that little more real.

Tug at my heart strings anytime!

Gday Melissa ! Welcome to the forums. Nice to see another aussie on the forums, theres a few of us on here now !

make sure you come to 'yoda's swamp'(in the JA section) if you feel like discussing topics other than games...its nice there, some nice, funny ppl :p

anyways, I think if they up the romance anymore, alot of these chaps(perhaps myself included) might be discouraged about KOTOR 2. I didnt think the romance was underplayed in KOTOR though. I started my first light side game with a female, by the end of it they(her and Carth) said "I love you" to each other, thats pretty new for whats meant to be an action/adventure RPG....

MTFBWYA

Gday to you too Astrotoy7 :) Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a typical girl what can I say?! :) I can understand a guys point of view that it can be 'vomit' material but I think KOTOR 2 would appeal more to females if it had a real romance flair to it. I guess what I mean is, make it more 'mushy' for a female character and only make it more subtle for a male player.

I enjoyed being a female character with Carth as it was cheeky and sweet. I guess some more closure at the end would of been enough for me.

As for Final Fantasy 10, I've never 'played' any final fantasy games although a friend of mine's fav game is final fantasy 7 and I've seen him play it a few times. It looks difficult, its seems theres heaps you have to know. Might give it a go someday.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

no no no! your wrong! us xbox owners are still waiting for the DLC, head over the bioware forums to see yourself ;) BTW all the DLC will be is the stuff that was added in the pc version so dont be mad about it! :p

Originally posted by Melissa L

Gday to you too Astrotoy7 :) Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a typical girl what can I say?! :) I can understand a guys point of view that it can be 'vomit' material but I think KOTOR 2 would appeal more to females if it had a real romance flair to it. I guess what I mean is, make it more 'mushy' for a female character and only make it more subtle for a male player.

I enjoyed being a female character with Carth as it was cheeky and sweet. I guess some more closure at the end would of been enough for me.

As for Final Fantasy 10, I've never 'played' any final fantasy games although a friend of mine's fav game is final fantasy 7 and I've seen him play it a few times. It looks difficult, its seems theres heaps you have to know. Might give it a go someday.

no, not 'vomit' material at all, just out of place maybe. But what Exar said is correct, if you want romance, love is the central theme to FFX(and its sequel I gather). There are some really touching moments in FFX, I have to admit...and that was what has endeared that game(and the whole series) to me, and many others. FF also has a huge female fanbase, probably for this reason...

(actually on reflection...love has been central to the FF series since VII...)

here's a cpl of pics, for curiousity's sake, of 'Yuna and Tidus' the lovebirds in FF X. If you have a PS2 I thoroughly recommend playing it. There is a bit of a learning curve but it is very rewarding in the end....

ffxromance.jpg

remember, the swamp is where the fun is at !

Click here for the Swamp !

MTFBWYA

Archived