Home

JA Lagg problems

pete130183

hi,

I am getting a bit annoyed at palying JA online, i have a meg line, but unfortuantly im behind a stupid router (the line is split between me and my flatmate). With other games i have just been able to open different ports on the router to allow the game to run smoothly and with a very low ping rating, but i am unable to find wich port to open for JA anywhere on the net.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

Try opening ports 29060 through 29062, and 29070 through 29081 (inclusive). I believe the Technical Reference Guide at the LucasArts website has incorrect information, because the ports it lists for Jedi Academy are the same ones they list for Jedi Outcast, even though the default port is 29070 for Jedi Academy, and 28070 for Jedi Outcast.

Originally posted by pete130183

hi,

I am getting a bit annoyed at palying JA online, i have a meg line, but unfortuantly im behind a stupid router (the line is split between me and my flatmate). With other games i have just been able to open different ports on the router to allow the game to run smoothly and with a very low ping rating, but i am unable to find wich port to open for JA anywhere on the net.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

like the other dude said set your /snaps to 30

"/snaps 30"

in the console.

also turn off any other programs you may be running to save bandwidth (ie mIRC, yahoo, msn, kazaa) as these may cause lag.

also consider looking at you rgraphics / fps, mixing bad fps with lag makes it even worse, so consider lowering your graphics etc to help it run abit smoother.

Before changing obscure settings, check the most obvious one: your data rate. Type

/rate

in the console. If you have broadband, it should be 25000. If it isn't, type

/set rate 25000

in the console. If you had rate <4000, your ping should drop.

Unless you live in Mongolia, you should be able to find a server in your region with a ping less than 100.

If your rate wasn't 25000, come back here and tell us what it was, and what your new ping is after you changed rate.

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Would com_maxFPS do anything?

it might, thats just the maximum your FPS can go... for example if com_maxFPS is 50, your FPS cant go over 50... so if its set low like that, then you should make it higher, and it will decrease your ping... although i doubt its that low. it was an example..

Archived