Home

Two versions of MI5?

PickUpTheMoon

Just a thought, but if they wanted to please the old school fans, why couldn't they include a second version of the game on the CD, featuring MI1/2 style graphics and sounds?

The game would be tiny, and there would be no difficulty fitting it on the CD. The same voices from the 'real' version of MI5 could be used in it, or even just text for an old school feel. The game would follow the exact same story as the 'real' version, along with the same locations, but seen in pixelated 2D, point & click form.

Obviously it would be a lot of effort to actually MAKE the old school version, so a second team would need to be employed, or the game would need to be in production for a while longer than originally planned. But I think they'd make their money back, as absolutely no old MI fans would resist buying it, and it would add a LOT of replay value to the game (complete the 3D version, then play it all again in 2D, or vice versa), along with pleasing EVERY MI fan, old and new, which is surely the ultimate target.

I actually don't see anything that would make this idea too unlrealistic. Then again I'm probably wrong, so please feel free to embarass me by pointing out any glaringly obvious faults to this master plan, or by telling me this ideas already been discussed before.

It'll certainly be easier for us gamers with computers that still run on hamsters (which reminds me, it was feeding time yesterday) but I don't know, it'll be a lot of work. you said they'd meake their money back, but i'm not too sure on that. the only people who'd be interested would be the old school mi gamers (not nearly enough to make the money back by half, trust me) and mi fans all around (still not enough) if the 3D version was advertised as a good, funny, playable game in a competitive market, them maybe they'll make some more money, but at the end of the day, it couldn't be point n click in the 3d version in order to sell it and therefore gameplay would be different in both, which is nice, but would take up too much time and money to implement and LEC probably wouldn't be bothered. It's a nice thought, but slightly inconcievable.

Hummm! That´s a curious subject....

(I never thought I would say this) But Would I way to see MI back in 2D?? I think Skinkie got a point when he said " -D would be nice, but they should stick with the graphics levels they could achieve now.". And I agree, I´d prefer to see it now in MI3 graphic perhaps...

Man...but graphics like EMI...welll ....argh...Guybrush, sooo arhggg Square!

I have also thought about this. Being able to change graphic mode between the first three games, and of course the new perfect, piraty and realistic 3d graphics. I don't know how they will do it, but it should be perfect, and it can be done. My best idea it to make 3d models of the paintings on the boxes of mi1 & 2.

Well, back to the subject.

If they are willing to do such things it must be that the story is so good that it's worth the work. But I doubt it will happen.

-Rapp Scallion

Archived