Home

OJP Enhanced mod!

Samuel Dravis

Check out this mod - it's gonna be awesome! You can download the 0.0.1 version from PCGameMods.com

If you don't want the gameplay changes, check out the Basic version.

People who love good melee fighting, just read below...my brother and I had a good time slamming each other to death earlier. :D

This mod also enables ALL the old Jedi Outcast gametypes, so CTY, Holocron FFA, and JM servers are possible.

Note: this is NOT an admin mod. There will most likely not be any admin empowerment in this mod at any time. In future versions there may be admin helper commands, however, no 'slap' etc.

Excerpts from the readme:

OJP Enhanced is the distribution of the Open Jedi Project with gameplay changes. It also includes all the tweaks of the Basic package. If you want to try something new, try Enhanced. If you're diehard vanilla JKA only, use Basic.

===============

0002 - Enhanced

===============

Version 0.0.1:

New Cvars/commands:

ojp_sabermelee 1 - Controls the behavior of pressing the saber weapon button when the saber is already selected and turned on. See Melee System Overhaul

/togglesaber - Toggles the saber blade when player has the saber selected.

New Features:

Melee Overhaul - Radically changed the melee combat behavior. Melee combat is now useable by all players in all gamemodes without cheats and includes working headlocks (Grapple + None). See OJP_readme.txt for details.

============

0001 - Basic

============

Version 0.0.4:

New mod configuration: OJP Basic now operates as a /GameData style mod. This means that you'll now have to load the mod using the Setup->Mods menu. Be sure to delete your old OJP Basic files.

New Features:

Ambient Player Sounds - Players now have the ability to setup two fully customizable ambient sounds (Vader's resporator breathing, sensor ping, breathing, whatever you want) See ojp_readme.txt and ojp_animevents.txt for details.

Animevents System Overhaul - animevent.cfg files are now fully functional. In addition, all players can use per-model animevent.cfg files to customize their character's animation linked sounds/effects. See OJP_readme.txt and OJP_animevents.txt for details.

Duel Taunts in all Gametypes - You can now use all the duel emotes in all gametypes.

Old JK2 Gametypes - Reintroduces the old JK2 gametypes Holocron FFA, Jedi Master, and Capture the Ysalimari.

More Force Disable Options - You can now set "Jump Only" and "Neutrals Only" for the Force Disable (now called "Force Powers") option.

Realistic Saber Menu Settings - Added menu option to SP to allow you to turn on different levels of saber damage realism.

Various UI Tweaks:

- The map loading screen is now less vague about the server's disabled Force Powers setting. It also now has support for the More Force Disable Options feature.

- Server filters for OJP Basic and OJP Enhanced.

Improvements:

RGB Character Color Menu Options - Added the option to use float values to set the player color.

Improved Bot Routing - Improved bot routing added for mp/duel6.

Version 0.0.3:

New Features:

RGB Character Color Menu Options - Added a submenu that allows you to pick any color for your character's color with simple slide bars.

Hidden Lannik Racto Skin - Made the Lannik Racto skin selectable in the MP skins menu. Also created icon for said skin.

Improvements:

Improved Bot Routing - Improved bot routing added for mp/duel8.

Various Bot Tweaks - The Lannik Racto bot now uses the correct model and icon.

Version 0.0.2:

New Features:

Improved Bot Routing - The bot routing for the mp/duel3 and mp/ffa5 maps has been redone and improved.

SP Dual/Staff Menu - The starting SP saber selection menu has been altered to allow you to select the dual sabers or the saber staff from the beginning of the game. In addition, you can now select a red blade in SP.

Various Bot Tweaks:

- The Luke bot now uses the skywalker saber (single_skywalker) that is included in the game.

- Chewie now speaks in Wookie.

Various Menu Tweaks:

- Shadow options are now in both SP and MP. Projected shadows are now an option.

- Light Flare option in the MP ingame More video Options menu.

- Dynamic Glow option in the MP ingame More video Options menu.

Improvements:

Hidden JKA Saber Hilts - The hilts now show up in the SP saber menu.

Hidden Hoth Skins - Moved to the Skins Pack to cut down on Basic's file size.

Version 0.0.1:

New Features:

Bug Fix 001 - Animation.cfg fix for BOTH_WALKBACK2

Fixes an animation bug seen when walking backwards with an ignited single saber in single player by correcting the number of frames.

Hidden JKA Saber Hilts - Adds to multiplayer the Retribution (Desann's), the Skywalker (Luke Skywalker's Saber), and the Stinger (default Reborn's) saber hilts. These hilts come with the game but are by default hidden from use.

Hoth Custom Player Clothing - Added the ability to select the Hoth clothes for all the built-in player classes. You can also now select the color of Hoth outfit.

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

I think its just the server that needs it.

BTW, that was a very fun punching match we had, eh? Most fun.

To what do you refer? You probably fought someone else. I rarely use Admin Amidala when I play. I usually use another name (like Padawan) unless I know I'm about to win, then I change my name to Admin Amidala. I have to keep up my reputation, after all :amidala:

I did that a couple of nights ago. I went to my JK2 server and played Jedimaster. I changed my name in the last couple of minutes while I was leading, but I ended up coming in second. Ah, the price of vanity!:amidala:

All OJP distros are set up for client/server. The game might work in just server side but I doubt it.

There's a good reason for doing client/server mods. Doing server only is extremely limiting and with the goals of OJP to actually add to the game. Heck, without the client side, the upcoming RGB blades and the current new animevent system would not work.

On the plus side, I've tried to keep the file sizes down so players can get the files very quickly.

Archived