Home

To Be A Jedi

KermitTheJedi

Looks like that alternate universe is still up and running. Now James Bond is a jedi.

Not that we don't get your subtle suggestion that you're some sort of samurai lovestud...or whatever phrase the virgin schoolboys are throwing around these days. ;)

In the prequal years it seems that jedi devote themselves to their calling, like many of the world's more devout religious followers (which is the point I think someone somewhere was trying to make). Fast forward to Luke being the last jedi; it's not surprising Yoda suggests he passes on what he has learned to his family. Can't have a galaxy far far away without jedi, after all...

Just because the Jedi Order has been force-choked into history doesn't mean there aren't people being born across the galaxy who are FS, so I've decided it's probably fair to have some FS players in the game. The issue should be what they can do with their abilities, and how far they can take them without training, or getting noticed by anyone capable of sensing a disturbance in the Force. "V4d3r ownz u, b4k4!" and so on.

The way to unlock the FS slot is still terribly silly, but I can't imagine another way to do it for now.

Jedi are created by the Force, its kind of like a small mammal that seems to grow out of the cracks of a home or other place. At least for Vader see he wants to kill all the Jedi why that's what Lucas will answer in the last movie. But if for some 30,00 odd years Jedi have been around then its safe to say no matter how many jedi Vader kills there will always seem to be more and more coming through the cracks like those furry little animals. Play knights of the old republic and don't just play it once but a couple times and you will get a clue as to what Lucas views are Jedi.

It's like they are shaolin Monks not Samurai or Ninja, more like a Monk.

I personally think that is is cool all that cosmic power and to use it very sparingly is the Light side, all that Cosmic power and to use it for your selfish wants and desires leads to the dark side. Then of course there is the middle road of nuetrality. :) Where Love blooms.

Jedi are created by the Force, its kind of like a small mammal that seems to grow out of the cracks of a home or other place. At least for Vader see he wants to kill all the Jedi why that's what Lucas will answer in the last movie. But if for some 30,00 odd years Jedi have been around then its safe to say no matter how many jedi Vader kills there will always seem to be more and more coming through the cracks like those furry little animals. Play knights of the old republic and don't just play it once but a couple times and you will get a clue as to what Lucas views are Jedi.

I personally think that is is cool all that cosmic power and to use it very sparingly is the Light side, all that Cosmic power and to use it for your selfish wants and desires leads to the dark side. Then of course there is the middle road of nuetrality. :) Where Love blooms.

Jedi are created by the Force, its kind of like a small mammal that seems to grow out of the cracks of a home or other place. At least for Vader that is. See he wants to kill all the Jedi why that's what Lucas will answer in the last movie. But if for some 30,000 odd years Jedi have been around then its safe to say no matter how many jedi Vader kills there will always seem to be more and more coming through the cracks like those furry little animals. Play knights of the old republic and don't just play it once but a couple times and you will get a clue as to what Lucas views are.

It's like they are shaolin Monks not Samurai or Ninja.

See the easy road for a Jedi is the Dark Path, but it seems to always lead to destruction of something or someone. In the end its easier to destroy than it is to create.

Ahh now that's what a Jedi is.

Ok, heres what i propose,

Jedi should be born, not made, for instance, when u make a charicter, theres a random like 1/5000 chance he is force sensitive. Thereafter, you must preform some pre-determined act while playing this charicter before you ever discover you are force sensitive. This will prevent power gamers (cringes) from making 30 charicters hoping to be jedi. If have to work alot at becoming a jedi, like stated above, this will rat out most of the immature people from taking the path...especially if it is compleatly random :) .

Then, as soon as you discover you are force sensitive, probobly after getting pretty far into charicter, like mastering a profession or two, then you get a message, like "an unseeing force calls towards your entire being". After you recive this message, a pre-programmed hidden location is unlocked on the starport menu. This would be like, Dagobah, complete with a waypoint, to say, yoda's hut. But, you'd only be able to journey to this place if youve gotten the message detailed above. Then, yoda trains you in novice padawan, thereby unlocking the padawan tree. the rest is up to you. Though as soon as you prefrom a dishonorable act, all of it can be revoked.

Sure, its pretty strict, but i think it would work pretty well.

Archived