Home

Can't get realistic saber working with the new patch?

The Seeker

It's a simple fix that worked for me anyway.

So, find your jasp.exe file in "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData" or wherever you have your gamedata stored, and make a shortcut to it on your desk top

Right click the jasp.exe icon and click properties. In the target line, before the patch, it looked like this for the dismemberment thing:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

For some reason it doesn't work with the patch, but to fix it, just change devmapall in the previous line to helpusobi 1. so when you make the changes, your target line should be:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

As usual, just double click your jasp.exe icon to load your last quicksave with the dismember cheat activated. Still don't know why you can't do this from the start without loading your quicksave, but that's the way it is.

Dunno if this has been posted before, but I hadn't seen it and what I just wrote fixed mine to make the parts fly.

I've been having trouble ever since the patch. I suppose I could uninstall then reinstall and reapply the patch, but before I go to all that trouble I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

What if I want to do all that but also load a mod? Where should I put +set fs_game <nameofmoddirectory> ?

Thanks.

I've been having trouble ever since the patch. I suppose I could uninstall then reinstall and reapply the patch, but before I go to all that trouble I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

What if I want to do all that but also load a mod? Where should I put +set fs_game <nameofmoddirectory> ?

I really have no idea. Though, I was curious as to how to apply the realistic saber combat thing to a MOD as well.

Anyone know?

Loading a mod is simple, I'm just wondering if somehow the mod loading command is interfering with the dismemberment?

I check Melee Mod 1.0 (+MeleeModFix) and it works fine. I get dismemberment most of the time with kills (or at least I can hack up the body for awhile and get a leg, arm, or torso off).

I'm going to try running JA SP from a batch file this time instead of just an edited program shortcut and see if that makes a difference.

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by BJP3E

Not to BURST you r bubble but thias has been known for weeks and weeks

Yeah. The patch did nothing spectacular for sp players especially, except some ati driver fixes. I 'rolled it back' as I was very attached to my bind for saberrealisticCombat, not to mention the devmapall command (I dont care how its meant to sloe things down, I noticed no difference at all).......

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

My shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" seta g_sabermorerealistic 10

Works fine, nice dismemberment.

I tried that but couldnt work. Did you added a command in your cfg file?

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry I can't get dismemberment to work consistently with the patch either.

It seems that at the point in the game I am at (near the end) it just doesn't work:

I'm on the 'dark side path' right after you kill Alora. From that point on, the only person who gets dismembered is me. No matter how many enemies I hack up, only once in a great while does a hand fly off or something, even with the settings all turned on. This has been a problem ever since the patch and this point in the game. On lightside I didn't seem to have the problem.

You can try this thread, but I don't think my problem has been solved yet...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121306

It seems that my problem has consistently occured, but I've always been testing it AT THAT POINT IN THE GAME. It seems if I start a brand new game from scratch I can get dismemberment to work until that point. Then once I'm there (and reload from a quicksave there) it won't work.

Sad that somebody can be the bad guy, but he can't ACT like a bad guy (slicing things up). ; p

Archived