Home

Enchanced idea -- the hidden weapons/other stuff

Teancum

The bryar pistol, tusken rifle, etc. Any and all that can be coded so they actually work once you switch away/switch back (the bryar being the first one) would be great.

I'm currently compiling a large pk3 of available SP heads/races. I'm keeping it fairly true and am not adding things like stormtroopers, etc. So far I have about 5 new heads for Human Female, 1 or 2 Human Male heads (have others, but they aren't very good), Chiss Male and Female races, more Rodian faces. I have to work the bugs out, of course, and contact the authors, but I though this would be a great addition to basic, as it's a real bang-for-your-buck. Lots of skins, small file size. I am also working on getting the Jedi/J2 skin ready for MP.

I'm not sure how seige works, but I was thinking of these weapons mostly for it. That way each class can be assigned weapons. In reality, all I want is to make it so a player can be assigned a hidden weapon (bryar inparticular) and have it be bindable to a key.

There's a few different ways of making this happen. With what you have in mind there should be a tattooine map & the tusken raider class would obviously use their 2 weapons (rifle & gaffi).

Another way is you could make a client side mod out of it which I probably will for CM.

The best way is to do this is via custom weapon classes. For more info on that checkout http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120135.

Take your pick I suppose.

Originally posted by Wudan

It actually doesn't matter what the mappers want in there - if necessary, you can code in support for entity placements independently of the BSP.

Gee, you make it sound easy :)

I've started looking for a way to load arbitrary entities to spawn from a text file into an arbitrary map. I want this particularly for info_jedimaster_start for my Jedi Master mod, and also for a few other things useful in balancing a map for JM (e.g. sentries to counter Mind Trick).

If I can figure out how to do this, I'll happily share it with OJP.

The only work I've found so far in this direction is: (for Quake 2 though)

http://www.quake2.com/dll/tutorials/gbtut3.html

I've not decided yet whether to submit the rest of the work I'm doing.

Of course, it's Christmas now, so it'll probably have to wait.

Archived