Home

we gotta start modding..

Lil' Jawa

The very useful information for me, thank now much understandably. A good example I shall experiment.

Especially principle of drawing up of a name Location.

Certainly you can upload my Mod on the site.

I have sent it(him) by mail to you.

Besides i upload ur Mod too, because many russian users cant download from u site.

Have any ideas how to open rim files in a folder \modules ?

my email baster@inbox.ru but i have problems with get

Email Notification =\ .

keep working

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have played up to Datoonie using your mod (which is great btw) and it seems you can't multi-class. There's only room for 2 classes in the character sheet and since they're already occupied I guess you can't add another class. It would be cool though if could remove the soldier/scout/scoundrel slot and put in another Jedi class

yes, that would be better. i mean you have characters that start out as jedi(Bastila etc) so it may be possible to eliminate the beginning non-jedi class.

i know i have messed around with the idea while merely hex-editing my savegame file. i simply found the reference to the players class i.e. soldier =00, scout=01 scoundrel=02. etc and changed it. gaurdian=03, sentinel=04, consular=05. finding this in a save game merely requires you to find the hex equivalent of the XP you have gained in the file (using a hex editor of course) and then counting x number of spaces to find etc etc....

here's alink that helped me with this....

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genm...&topic=11597572

So I was browsing the 2dA resources trying to find away to allow more levels and came across something pretty funny. Because of the moderation of the board I can't type it here, but if you take NWN explorer and open up the 2da.bif file under the Data folder and then open up the res146.2dA file that is compiled into the 2da.bif file you all should get a good laugh.

:deathii:

Here are a list of Saber Crystals and other upgrades if you want, just type in the giveitem cheat.

Rubat crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL01

Damind crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL02

Eralam crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL03

Sapith crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL04

Nextor crytal G_W_SBRCRSTL05

Opila crytal G_W_SBRCRSTL06

Jenruax crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL07

Phond crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL08

Luxum crytsal G_W_SBRCRSTL09

Firkrann crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL10

Bondar crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL11

Sigil crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL12

Upari crystal G_W_SBRCRSTL13

Krayt Dragon Pearl tat18_dragonprl

Wookie Amulet kas25_wookcrysta

Solari crystal g_w_sbrcrstl19

Vibration Cell G_I_UPGRADE007

Durasteel Alloy G_I_UPGRADE008

Energy Projector G_I_UPGRADE009

Scope G_I_UPGRADE001

Imp Energy_Cell G_I_UPGRADE002

Beam Splitter G_I_UPGRADE003

Hair Trigger G_I_UPGRADE004

Armor Reinforcement G_I_UPGRADE005

Mesh Underlay G_I_UPGRADE006 9

Darth Revan Robes G_A_MSTRROBE06

StarForge Robes G_A_MSTRROBE07

Droid Heavy Armor Class 3 G_I_DRDHVPLAT003

vusatre: 2DAs seem to be in non-asci format in some places

but I think with some time you could probably figure them out, try using old 2DA viewers for NWN or Infinity Engine maybe they will show more, I have not tried(just an idea).

Den Blaster: Rims can't be edited with any known program, but hex workshop does wonders :)

eidospsogos: perhaps that might work, but wouldn't the characters miss out on vital feats, skills and so and cause the game to become "non-legit" by the kotor rules(some would call cheating)?

Perhaps the kotor main could be dissasembled or hex edited and the IDs used in character generation found so that you could change from standard scout, scoundrel and soldier to jedi classes and even make new ones instead.

well, i don't know how eliminating the original non-jedi class altogether would be considered cheating. there are characters in this game that start out as jedis. it may not fit too well with the plot, but i would not consider it anymore cheating than starting the game as a jedi in darth revan's robes.

as far as eliminating feats, i don't see that as a problem either. as best as i can tell most of the full jedi npc's have just as many feats allowed to them as my dual classed character.

I have some succes with sripting. But i don't know how can get Location....no current map.

As still it is possible to receive location. .

location lDest = GetLocation (oBastila); - on object

GetLocation (GetObjectByTag ("sBatilaTag")); - on Tag

But I should move on other map in general.

It is necessary on Korriban move from Endar Spire how it to make at once?

What to write instead of "lDest"

AssignCommand (oPC, ActionJumpToLocation (lDest));

I am sure the answer to my question is in script

k_pend_pod02.nss but I can't get it(him) source code: (

Lil ' Jawa if there are ideas write.

Originally posted by Lil' Jawa

vusatre: 2DAs seem to be in non-asci format in some places

but I think with some time you could probably figure them out, try using old 2DA viewers for NWN or Infinity Engine maybe they will show more, I have not tried(just an idea).

Thanks Lil' Jawa. I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I'll give it a shot. Good luck with your modding work.

thx, so you guys who played it can you think of any improvements to make to the game? I mean like changing this or that quest a bit or so..maybe we could do something that could give you a reason to play through game time again just to see, I know that is one of the reasons I want to mod it; extend its life until we get our hands on an expansion or kotor 2 maybe :)

I welcome all suggestions, they are good to see what can be done and what can't.

okay, i will say this. i don't know if anything can be done about this. but i felt you did not get to gain enough feats in the game. there was away to get arounfd not getting enough force powers. but i would play the game more if the character growth was expanded. you could get more feats, more powers, levels past 20 etc. i thought the quest were fine, but i found alot of the balancing they did in this game to be TOO limited. i know why they did it, but i think they went too far trying to balance between classes. i mean if anyone is in desperate need of some combat feats, it's the scoundrel :)

well, let's be realistic here people. we've barely been able to get into anything in this game. adding anew species with no exisiting in-game model is going to be pretty difficult when no one even knows how to skin for this game.

i mean being a twi'lek, wookie, rodian etc would be a little easier, as there are at least in-game models already designed. but when someone starts designing new models for this game, they better post and tell me how to skin. :)

maybe if we could make new textures, I think races or new "classraces" can be assigned with scripting just like in NWN, so maybe we could write it in the beginning of the game to warp your soldier or scoundrel to a Zabrak bounty hunter or some such, even change screen name etc.

Creatures can be spawned and made party members too I think, hmm i'm gonna try and see if these can be done now..

Lil'Jawa, I am no programmer but I am trying to edit your script a bit (new items for lightside..maybe neutral or something) but I cant figure out how to change the alighnment points? What I am looking to do is give the light jedi the star forge robes.

Could you help me out?

Patience, young Skinners.

I'm currently analyzing the graphics used for the GUI, as they are 2D and should be the easiest to work with. It is interesting, however quite difficult to figure out. As an estimated guess, I probably know about 20% of what is needed for changing the graphics without guessing what *might* happen.

Given my current progress and determination, I might be able to comprehend the texture format in about a week or so, but I won't make any promises on that. I've still got a lot to figure out, and I've been at it for about a week now.

I'll keep you posted on my progress though.

Originally posted by somrandomguy

While not related to this topic at all, Jawa, I think this link fits nicely with your sig.

:D

HazardX: Sounds good, just wish Torlack had released the source code for his programs instead of just discontinueing them like that..

Phelon: I look forward to seeing your first skin(that will be like a milestone in kotor editing imho).

Archived