Home

New vehicle implementation

RenegadeOfPhunk

Here is a detailed description of the new vehicle features which will be shortly avaliable .via the OJP. I will be submitting all the code very shortly.

This stuff was added to allow the droideka vehicle to work properly in-game, but can be potentially applied to any VH_WALKER vehicle.

THis info will also be in the OJP_vehicles.txt file:

New Vehicle Implentation - RenegadeOfPhunk

------------------------

At this time (28/12/2003), the following is only supported for the VH_WALKER class of vehicles. Some entires will work for other vehicle classes, but most probably won't. I will be working on other vehicle classes shortly.

These new vehicle parameters need to be added to the appropiate .veh files for your vehicle to use them.

Some of the new options depend on vehicle operational modes. THe currently supported modes are listed below, along with their values.

typedef enum

{

VEHICLE_MODE_RUNNING = 1,

VEHICLE_MODE_WALKING = 2,

VEHICLE_MODE_BACKWARDS = 4,

VEHICLE_MODE_STILL = 8,

VEHICLE_MODE_TURNING = 16

}

These values can be combined.

e.g. Running and Walking = 1 + 2 = 3

MBFstopprimaryfiring (default 0)

--------------------

This allows you to disable the vehicles primary weapons from firing depending on what operational mode the vehicle is in. The value for this entry is a combination of Vehicle Mode Values.

e.g. to stop the vehicle primary firing while going backwards and standing still:

MBFstopprimaryfiring 12

MBFstopaltfiring (default 0)

----------------

Same as MBFstopprimaryfiring, except disables alt firing in certain modes

MBFdisableshields (default 0)

-----------------

This allows you to disable shields in certain operational modes. Use the vehicle mode values in the same manner as the stop firing options. Shields will recharge as normal while de-activated.

CantKnockoutShields (default 0)

-------------------

Setting this value to 1 will mean that the shields can still charge back up even if they have been reduced to 0.

AllWeaponsDoDamageToArmor (default 0)

-------------------------

Setting this to 1 means that no weapons will 'bounce off' the hull of the vehicle. If the vehicle has an active shield, then this may cause the weapon shot to be repeled, depending on the AllWeaponsDoDamageToShields setting (see below)

AllWeaponsDoDamageToShields (default 0)

--------------------------

Setting this to 1 means that no weapons will 'bounce off' the shields of the vehicle. If shields are not present (knocked out, below 0 etc.), this parameter doesn't affect anything.

ResistsMarking (default 0)

--------------

Setting this to 1 will make the vehicle immune to marking - from sabers or weapons...

TRANSITION ANIMS

----------------

The following anims are transition anims. Each transition anim is linked between two different vehicle movement modes.

If the player has just switched from one movement mode to another, and the appropiate transition anim exists for the vehicle, the anim will play. During the animation, no movement or firing is possible. ONce the animation has played out, the vehicle will carry on moving as normal.

Here is a list of the possible transtions and their associated anims:

Run -> Walk: BOTH_RUN1STOP

Walk -> Run: BOTH_RUN1START

Stand -> Walk: BOTH_STAND1TO2

Walk -> Stand: BOTH_STAND2TO1

Stand -> Backwards: BOTH_STAND2TO4

Backwards -> Stand: BOTH_STAND4TO2

NOTE: The turnWhenStopped option needs to be set to 1 for the next two transitions to possibly occur - since otherwise you would not be able to turn on the spot at all.

Stand -> Turn (on spot): BOTH_STAND5SHIFTWEIGHTSTART

Turn (on spot) -> Stand: BOTH_STAND5SHIFTWEIGHTSTART

UPDATED ANIM SUPPORT

--------------------

As well as the mode transition anims described above, there are more basic animations that are now supported. Here's a full list, both base game and OJP-added:

Walk BOTH_WALK1

Run BOTH_RUN1

Back BOTH_WALKBACK1

Turn left BOTH_TURN_LEFT1

Turn right BOTH_TURN_RIGHT1

Still BOTH_STAND1

Vacant BOTH_STAND2

Still & attack BOTH_ATTACK1

Still & alt attack BOTH_ATTACK2

In-air BOTH_INAIR1

Running in air BOTH_FORCEINAIR1

Na - just a man with some code and a bit of free time ;)

I'm going to be moving on to other vehicle types shortly. If you know of any pressing features or issues which you would like the OJP to try and handle - for any vehicle class - just post it here and I, or someone else, will try and take a look at it for you...

Well, I know Moonsoontide wanted to make a new class for his ROTJ speeder bike, it just needed the ability to have new anims I think

Sounds fairly straight-forward. Just get moonstide to post here and describe exactly what it is he needs.

VH_ANIMAL melee moves. Grabs and such.

...the ability to be able to grab human players, pick them up - throw them about...?

Hmmm - could be possible, but is a bit tricky. I'll look into it...

There should be a VH_FLIER. Check what that is

From code, this appears to be a vehicle class which has been planned, but not really implemented. WHat should this vehicle type do? Would it be essentially a mix between an animal and a fighter..?

...please give more details about how this vehicle type should act...

That one would be very hard to impossible, and will only be used for my snow speeder, but do you think that a tow cable that can take down VH_WALKERs is possible?

It would be tricky, yes. But not impossible. It would require quite a bit of effort though, especially to get it working nicely and looking right. So I wont' promise anything. But I'll certainly take a look

I don't know how many of these things I'll manage to get done, but I'll certainly at least look into all of them...

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

From code, this appears to be a vehicle class which has been planned, but not really implemented. WHat should this vehicle type do? Would it be essentially a mix between an animal and a fighter..?

...please give more details about how this vehicle type should act...

I basicly want a flying thing that can show the rider, and maybe stop in mid air. Also, it can behave like an animal(have some AI like normal ridable animals)

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

It would be tricky, yes. But not impossible. It would require quite a bit of effort though, especially to get it working nicely and looking right. So I wont' promise anything. But I'll certainly take a look

Thanks for taking my request seriosly :D

Archived