Home

Alignment points - bug?

Samus

I play light side. I had reached light side "mastery" or whatever you call it. But I did one thing that gave me dark side points. I thought it wasn't a problem, since I'd gain back those light side points soon enough. I have been notified several times since that I have gained light side points, but the marker doesn't move. It stays a little bit below the top. Anyone experienced this?

i always find that getting darkside points when you're lightside brings your marker down much more than it goes up when you gain lightside points when u play darkside... but there were some really odd point handouts too:

1) tell one of the guys infront of the academy entrance that mekel is fooling him by using the persuade option. If he falls it for it, it will say [success] and then he drops dead on the ground and you get light side points?

2) go to the mandalorian prisoner about the weapons cache and ask him if there is any way to get him out. If he believes you he will say "give me an overdose of truth serum". If you then proceed to give him an overdose of truth serum you will gain darkside points...

Originally posted by -NGE-

2) go to the mandalorian prisoner about the weapons cache and ask him if there is any way to get him out. If he believes you he will say "give me an overdose of truth serum". If you then proceed to give him an overdose of truth serum you will gain darkside points...

Actually, if your computer skill is high enough, you will get an extra option, which will do what the prisoner asks of you.

In that case, he will tell you the cache location, the Sith guard will get pissed because he went comatose, but you still get light side points, plus you can get prestige by telling the Academy master the cache location.

I read somewhere that when you are deep in the light/dark, even small events of the opposite will change your alignment drastically, and the same class of event for your alignment has much less effect...

So, if you are well on the path of light, doing a few small events for light side points will give minimal change, but a single small darkside event would be a noticeable drop.

Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

I read somewhere that when you are deep in the light/dark, even small events of the opposite will change your alignment drastically, and the same class of event for your alignment has much less effect...

Well, there has to be some sort of bug, because I've done plenty of light-side stuff now, and the marker has absolutely not moved at all. I even took screenshots of the character screen before and after the light side points were gained, and compared side by side. Definitely no change.

that would suck. to be that far into the game and encounter abug that wouldn't let you complete it the way you would like to. though it did take me quite sometime to gain my mastery after recieving darkside points accidentally on korriban last run-through. i already had mastery when i got it/them....but it took me the entire planet of manaan and hlafway in to the unknown world to get them back. and it didn't look like it was moving to me either.

Archived