Home

q3map2 crashes in BSP phase

wedge2211

I've been mapping along just fine, and suddenly I go to do a test compile (through the GtkRadiant BSP menu) and I get a "buffer overrun error." Oh, I say to myself, why don't I just take advantage of this to move to the newest q3map2 and q3map2toolz? So I download those, and try to run a compile, and in the BSP phase (and only the BSP phase), I get the generic "q3map2 has encountered a problem and has to close, we're sorry for the inconvenience, please send Microsoft an error report" crap. This is only during the BSP phase. Here's the most-recently-attempted BSP command line I tried:

"C:/Games/Jedi Academy/Tools/q3map2/q3map2" -v -game ja -fs_basepath "C:/Games/Jedi Academy/GameData/" -meta "C:/Games/Jedi Academy/GameData/base/maps/chasm.map" >"C:/Games/Jedi Academy/Tools/GtkRadiant/junk.txt"

Same result occurs without the -fs_basepath "path" switch. The rest of the compile runs normally, I guess it feeds itself off one of my old .bsp's.

Went there, and figured it out. I checked my misc_models, and found a couple giving errors like "WARNING: Activate shader failed for \\ravendata1\jedi\Game\base\models\map_objects\bounty\light.tga" in the GtkRadiant message box.

I removed those models and the compile went normally. Now...to find replacement models...

Archived