Home

a bug and a question? plz help

d00m_uk

2 things :)

1)can you change server AND take your charicter with you in SWG?

2)i am running a :-

amd1800+

msi k7 delux mb

512 mb ddr ram

radion 9600+

adsl 512mb broadband

on board sound

my game keeps stuttering to 1 fps - i have ended all background tasks (after running spyware and virus killers), turned off any firewalls, installed latest drivers for everything.

and still it stutters - mostly when people are around but also on my own.

my ping goes up tp 2000 sometimes, but when i run ping plotter it says that it`s pinging at 25-45ms

should i change server, can i change server, will this help?

thanx

DooM

ps.i have turned all graphics options down as much as possible.

check my options for what exactley????

if i`m having these problems with 512k then why does the box say 256k compat.

at times the games is totally unplayable because of this problem.

could this be a server issue?

is it worth starting againg?

is there anyway i can find the ping of the server b4 i choose to start, and how many players are on it?

Thanx

DooM

Originally posted by lil_dude

i have a 700MHz proccessor, 256mb ram, Radion 9200 128mb video card and KOTOR runs pretty good, there are time that it's choppy but usually on the bigger planets, so i assume Galaxies should run decent, and i have DSL so that's good

Different games use Different game engines......some run smooth while some run like CR@P.

SWG needs a high end machine to run it Smoothly.

I have a very High End PC and SWG slows down sometimes for me, but not alot to be bothersome.

Actually you can move your character from one server to the other, but it requires a CSR to accept the transfer first. And, if the service is fully up and running, it will probably cost you alittle. What goes with the character is his skills I think, but nothing else. That's how I understand it. No houses, no items, nothing. Just you and your boxers. :p

You may get some standard issue clothes with you though, don't know too much about it. ;)

Transfering your character to the Test Center however, is totally automated. Your character on, let's say Starsider will not be deleted. Same thing here though, only your skills will be transfered. Then when you have played around alittle in the Test Center, you can transfer it back, with the skills you acquired there.

I don't know any more details than this though.

The command to us is /up.

I had the same problem before Christmas, lagged like a mofo alot of the time. Then i upgraded from 256MB (minimum) to 768MB (512 reccomended). Since then, except for the occasional lag...I've been fine. I dunno what to tell you. Here are my system stats.

Pentium 4 @ 2.0 GHz

768 MB PC2100 DDR RAM

MSI GeForce FX 5600 Ultra - 256MB DDR

120GB ATA100 HDD @ 7200 RPM

T3/Gigabit Ethernet Connection (Hee hee i love dorms at colleges for this)

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Actually you can move your character from one server to the other, but it requires a CSR to accept the transfer first. And, if the service is fully up and running, it will probably cost you alittle. What goes with the character is his skills I think, but nothing else. That's how I understand it. No houses, no items, nothing. Just you and your boxers. :p

You may get some standard issue clothes with you though, don't know too much about it. ;)

Transfering your character to the Test Center however, is totally automated. Your character on, let's say Starsider will not be deleted. Same thing here though, only your skills will be transfered. Then when you have played around alittle in the Test Center, you can transfer it back, with the skills you acquired there.

I don't know any more details than this though.

The command to us is /up.

YES you can move your Character to the Test Center Sevrer (Character Only, no items). But NO you cannot move your Character to another server. The CSRs, Devs, or whoever will not and have never moved a Character from one server to another.

what windows you useing if it is xp you will have to up ya ram some more my spec is p4 2.2 windows xp 512ddr ram and a g/force 3ti 500 i only lag in the city but i think most peps do im getting some more ram at the week end i have read that xp runs better with games at 1gb ram although its only on mmorpgs that i get any problems at all with games :(

Originally posted by Neversober

YES you can move your Character to the Test Center Sevrer (Character Only, no items). But NO you cannot move your Character to another server. The CSRs, Devs, or whoever will not and have never moved a Character from one server to another.

Well, there you have it, not fully up and running yet. :)

Originally posted by lovebug

what windows you useing if it is xp you will have to up ya ram some more my spec is p4 2.2 windows xp 512ddr ram and a g/force 3ti 500 i only lag in the city but i think most peps do im getting some more ram at the week end i have read that xp runs better with games at 1gb ram although its only on mmorpgs that i get any problems at all with games :(

Dang now I have to post my specs.... :D

P4 2.53 Ghz

2gb of pc2100 DDR Ram

Asylum Geforce FX 5600 256mb Video

21" NEC Monitor

I'm playing with a athlon XP 2400, 512 ram, geforce 4 128meg. The game runs perfectly for me. If you have problems just turn down your graphics settings. Thats usually the problem when people complain about poor performance- they try to run at a quality that is just out of reach of their system. Also, I've seen very little difference between broadband and dial-up connections since I've used both. Slightly longer load times when first entering the game, but that's it. Actual gameplay didn't change.

Archived