Home

where to place mods?

swguru04

I need to know where to place the mods i downloaded? I put them in the gamedata/base folder like the readme's tell me to, but when i am in the steup screen of the game itself, and i click on mods, all i get is a blank screen as if i didn't download anything??? any help will be appreciated.

~Tony~

first off... this is on the wrong forum.. *calls forth the all powerfull mods* *pm's a mod to fix it as you can't report anymore :s*

but to answer your question...

It depends on what type of "mod" you downloaded. If you got a map or a model/skin the put it in your base folder and, unless the author screwed up, it should work in game. Now for the mod it sounds like you have downloaded you should try makeing a new folder in your GAMEDATA folder (name the new folder anything you want) and then place the entire contents of your zip file into the new folder. Next load up your game and you should see the mod listed under the mods menue in the seting menu :)

Originally posted by swguru04

I need to know where to place the mods i downloaded? I put them in the gamedata/base folder like the readme's tell me to, but when i am in the steup screen of the game itself, and i click on mods, all i get is a blank screen as if i didn't download anything??? any help will be appreciated.

~Tony~

There are generally two ways to install a mod. The first is to place it into the gamedata/base directory as you have done. This will cause the mod to be loaded automatically and replace all the necessary files. In this case you don't have to manually load anything.

The second way is to create a new directory in your gamedata folder (e.g. gamedata/newmod) and put the .pk3 file in there. Then you can start the game and load the mod from the mods list.

Hope that helps... :)

Originally posted by Prime

There are generally two ways to install a mod. The first is to place it into the gamedata/base directory as you have done. This will cause the mod to be loaded automatically and replace all the necessary files. In this case you don't have to manually load anything.

The second way is to create a new directory in your gamedata folder (e.g. gamedata/newmod) and put the .pk3 file in there. Then you can start the game and load the mod from the mods list.

Hope that helps... :)

heh that's what I said :p

Archived