Home

Resolution Problem

Pie™

I know this might not fit into the swamp, but just move it out if its a problem...

With my new graphics card (ATI Radeon 9600 pro EZ) i'm supposed to be able to have resolutions up to 1280 x 960, but for some strange reason, everytime i switch to a resolution above 1024x768 the screen gets too big for the monitor, and needs to be scrolled... In Jedi Academy I get the same if i use anything above 800 x 600... :mad:

It's just like the resolution switches, but instead of everything becoming smaller, it keeps the size... :confused:

Why is this happening? anyone have a clue what i can do?

And yes, i've installed the newest drivers... :rolleyes:

Heya pie! I don't think its a problem with your computer, but in yourself...no wait...I think its your monitor. How old is it? You might want to check it out to see if the monitor might be the problem, because some cheap or old monitors can't handle deep resolutions. My monitor, for instance, can't display anything higher than 1280X1024, or else it will appear big, just like you said.

Hope i helped!

Originally posted by snowman21

^^ I don't think he's using an LCD flat panel moniter if he said his was old and really dark. Especially if his computer is blinking at 1280 x 786. ;)

Yeah...

I dont know what the monitor is called, but i'll look for drivers...

Thank you for advice;)

Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!

I also found out that my monitor is called Adi Provista

Adi Provista, is a good name for RPG, or a prostitute, take your pick !

eg.

Adi Provista uses "Phoenix Down", restores KO +50 HP/MP !!

or

Adi Provista leans into the car window, "$20, half an hour big boy, anything goes...."

My monitor has the very unimaginative name of Toshiba(attached to my laptop)

MTFBWYA

Archived