Home

Commanders in SWGB2? - Poll

Darth Windu

Which option would you prefer for SWGB2?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you prefer for SWGB2?

• No Commanders
    • Commanders with special bonus', but no unique units for them
    • Commanders and unique units
    • Other (please specify)

i like the commander idea. it gives the game a bit more realism. i think that u should get a commander of ur choice (darth vader, chewy, custom, etc). here's where my idea gets a little weird. the better u do, the more upgrades ur commander gets (life, attack, better sea units, etc.) of course this mite be unfair to others so this should be an optional option. oh yeah, if u commander dies, u civ suffers. less efficent stuff and so on since there's no one to manage it as well as the commander did. everyone prolly disagrees with me and possibly hates me now, but i had to say it. peace easy yo. :fett:

Vostok - that is likely. However, the Commanders would be from the films if at all possible. Some examples of Commanders that i would use for the civs include-

Confederacy-

Count Dooku, Wat Tambor,

Empire-

Admiral Piett, General Veers

Republic-

Master Yoda, General Windu, General Kenobi

Hutts-

Jabba, Bib Fortuna

Rebels-

Admiral Ackbar, General Madine, General Reickan (Hoth)

Naboo-

Padme Amidala, Captain Panaka, Captain Tarpals

Federation-

Nute Gunray, OOM-9

Wookiees-

Chewbacca

There would be 3 for each side, and there are some movie commander's i've left out because i cant recall exactly what their names are, but there would be a few EU commanders.

I won't bash out your idea Windu, I'm tired of it and I've stopped caring.

So let me suggest you put Boba Fett instead of Bib Fortuna. I'm sure he's a better commander then Bib. He got manipulated by Luke so easily.

And it's General Rieekan ;)

For Confederacy I would suggest Jango but he's dead so it might not be such a good idea...

The Empire could get Admiral Ozzel. He would make the Imperial Forces clumsy and incompetent :D Seriously I have no idea...

The Federation could get Rune Haako.

The Wookiees...well let's wait for Episode3. Lots of Wookiees then :wookiee:

• 3 weeks later...

Now now. Let's not start another Pure vs EU debate now. I don't want to have to type in 4 paragraphs of gibberish EU crap, and then have to read 10 paragraphs of Pure junk. Neither side will win, so I agree to disagree. The End.

As for the actual topic, something about commanders, it might be interesting. What will they do again? Like Zero Hour's Generals?

What abour Darth Vader for the Empire? And Poggle the Lesser could be another Confederation guy.

Phreak - well, that's what this poll was for. But looking at the results, it seems the community doesnt want commanders for the different civ's.

As for what they would do, yes, it would be like 'Zero Hour' in that each commander would get special bonus', and another option was that commanders might get unique units as well.

While I'm not conceding and changing my vote, I just thought I'd add something whilst on the topic of the Zero Hour Generals.

Some of you have had a look at the Star Wars Total Conversion for Zero Hour, the name of which escapes me right now. I was sceptical when I started to look at it, because in my experience TCers often add in too much EU and as such don't get the feel of the movie right.

However the way these guys have done things is quite interesting. While they have gone overboard with EU in some areas, they have put many EU units as being restricted, only allowable when you use a certain General. This is a good way to add in EU units but not contradict the movies, I feel. Just enough EU to satisfy the fans, but at the same time admitting they are out of the ordinary and the civ in general is more like the movies.

Imperial Assault

And I agree there. Besides, they have to add in some units to fill up space. If they didn't all there would be for the Empire would have for ground assault is AT-STs, speeder bikes, stormtroopers, and AT-ATs. That would get rather boring don't you think so?

I can't wait til they finish. I also wish they wouldn't put Jedi in. I jut can't picture Jedi in a game like Zero Hour. Stick to the tanks.

Archived