Home

Video Of Galaxies- the way it was going 2 be - plus Space Expansion footage

Guest DarthMaulUK

what happened?

Realism happened. I seriously doubt they could have run on a server with thousands of people...not with that much detail loaded onto the screen...it just doesn't happen. Thus they tuned down their creature detail a notch. *shrug* It doesn't look THAT much better anyway...I think they did good at trimming off that stuff because truthfully, alot of the stuff looked kinda goofy.

(BTW, if the Space X-Pac looks like that, hell will freeze over. There is no way that interface will be like that since this is an RPG based on turns and stat sheets [under the hood at least]...but we'll see...it'll be interesting to see how they do it, that's all I can say)

Originally posted by darthfergie

(BTW, if the Space X-Pac looks like that, hell will freeze over. There is no way that interface will be like that since this is an RPG based on turns and stat sheets [under the hood at least]...but we'll see...it'll be interesting to see how they do it, that's all I can say)

Just pray that the release day on the Space Expansion doesn't become another June 26th. :eek:

I agree with DarthFergie, the game could never look that good with all the people that are playing the game, plus if you go to options you can click on graphics and put everything on high, it does increase lag, but its working great on my computer and the graphics are much better! And the movie looked cheasy.

Originally posted by darthfergie

(BTW, if the Space X-Pac looks like that, hell will freeze over. There is no way that interface will be like that since this is an RPG based on turns and stat sheets [under the hood at least]...but we'll see...it'll be interesting to see how they do it, that's all I can say) [/b]

You mean the way they can fly and hit what they aim? Well maybe they do it like in Morrowind. Even if you aim exactly on your target it doesn't have to mean you will hit it. The stats sheets deside if you hit or not even if you think you aim exactly on your target.

It is the same with Morrowind with a bow (or even a sword) you aim at your target but you skills deside if you hit.

Originally posted by devian

Dunno, I have a pretty good computer, and a Radeon 9600 XT. All my graphics options are placed at full detail and I run SWG at 1600x1200.

The video looks just like the graphics in the video.

WOW!

Does your frame-rate drop in some places at all? What are the frame-rates?

Also, what processor do you have? Specs please? I'm wanting to either buy or build a monster gaming machine in the future...

Originally posted by SSO_DarthVader_

WOW!

Does your frame-rate drop in some places at all? What are the frame-rates?

Also, what processor do you have? Specs please? I'm wanting to either buy or build a monster gaming machine in the future...

Radeon 9600 XT

-As far as frame-rate goes, yes it does drop in certain places, mainly on Coronet, or Theed. This is due to the fact they everyone thinks its fun to leave 30 speederbikes at the entrance, and 50 or so animals there. However, I looked into the framrate issue and its due to lag, not the card. During battle and/or running around planets I get an average of 25-30 fps.

Specs, I don't have on hand, since I'm at work but I can pull a few off of my head

1.5gig AMD Athlon Processor

800mb (or 1gig, forget which one it is) of RAM

WinXP (I make sure to kill all programs before playing)

19" Monitor.

I think thats all you really need specs wise. If you want to know which motherboard it is, let me know.

Depending on how soon your going to build this computer, I say go for the Radeon 9800 Pro. Much nicer than the 9600 XT.

As for the graphics, I watched the video again, and nothings really different. The animal movement is yes, but the reflections and detail as well as the shading/shadows are the same. The detail on the speeder is a little bit different, but that is only that the windshield doesn't quite gleam as the one in the vid.

Need to contradict myself on something.

The speeder detail [in the front] is completely different. There isn't that metal corrosion. Its got dents with the paint, but that's nothing impressive. The glass is completely different as well.

*shrug*

Archived