Home

Soldiers of the Republic.

Hiroki

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torian looked at JA. "I would asume, after the space battle, they will send in a ground assault force. There is a heavy presence on the planet, after all." Torian stated to JA as they walked twords the hanger bay.

Torian turned to Jowamba. "Hey, I don't know if its going to work for you, but I had the last Z-95 modified. It had the seat lowered, sense thats mainly why you couldn't get in, and for the fact that you don't need a prop-up anyway. If you can fit in it, and if you think you can fly, you can come with us." Torian said, nodding slightly.

Jowamba growled gleefully and ruffled the surprised Major’s hair. “AWWW OWWW WAAA!” he rumbled laughing.

“What’s he blabbering about now?” The tousled Torian asked Aiden.

“Oh, he’s just excited.” Aiden replied his eyes twinkling merrily. “He doesn’t like being left behind, as you probably know?”

“Yes ofcourse.” Major Torian cleared his throat hastily and asked. “So I take it that he’s coming along?”

“Yeah.” Aiden grinned at Torian. “Well let’s go now, before Jowie here wrecks this place down in his excitement.”

As the entire squad went in their respective Z-95’s a voice floated in through their com links. “Alright headhunters, you have clearance. Oh yeah and the Admiral wants you all back in one piece, so his message, Look out for each other and Take Care.” They took of together, leaving the Capital ship far behind.

“Commando’s do you copy?” the Major’s voice floated in through everyone’s speakers. “This is Major Ryth.”

“Affirmative Major.”

“Your ships functioning all right?” he asked. Everyone responded, their ships were in perfect condition.

“All right then. Let’s put that moon base out of existence Commando’s.”

And with that they flew towards their goal.

The Z-95's screamed twords the Moon base, soon comeing within sight of it. "Alright Commando's, passive sensors, engines to zero. We have to wait for the the Freedoms say so, before we attack, or this mission will be over before we even get a shot off."

On the Delamar, one of the ships in the decoy force that the Admiral had sent, Nordan, who had insisted on leading it, stood on the bridge. "Right, we're going rush them head on, but do so with some intelligence. Don't get yourselves killed. We hyper jump them from the side, and then Admiral Katach will hyper jump in from the front. They'll be helpless. Lets get this right!." Nordan barked to the officers of the ship he was on, telling them to relay his orders to the other ships in his small fleet.

On the Freedom, one of the Officers reported the current situation to Admiral Katach. "Nordan's fleet has begain its hyper Jump's. They should be ariveing at the side of the Sith fleet within five minutes. Shall we begain our operations?"

Torian's head quickly turned to look down at his comlink. "Major Ryth here." He said. "You are clear to proceed, sir." A flight officer said calmly. "Very well. You heared him, commando's. Let move it!" He barked as the Z-95's engines fired up, launching them twords the base.

The bases turbo lasers turned to them, fireing there powerful canons at the Z-95's. However, the speed of the Z-95's kept them well out of the range of there blasts, as they manuvered into position. But soon things got tougher, as Sith Star Fighters begain pouring out of the hanger of the moon.

"Look out! Sith Snub Fighters, be on your guard. Me, Aiden, and Sneak will hold the star fighters off, the rest of you use your Ion cannons to disable the base while we distract them!" Torian barked his plans to the other commando's.

The three fighters broke off to engage the rapidly approaching star fighters. The Sith Snubs, while no match for the Z-95's at all when compared to each other, heavily out numbered them. "This will be some fight, boys." Torian said, half grinning.

The Sith fighters swarmed around them, there green lasers hailing down at them. The Z-95's returned fire, there blue Republic class lasers tearing into the thick haze of enemy fighters, the acurate shots of the commando's ripping into there numbers.

Torian guided his fighter around enemy fire, targeting each ship one by one, his finger squeezeing the trigger only when he felt that he had a clear shot. Aiden and Sneak where keeping the fighters off him with great effeciency aswell, provideing a stern back up, when he needed it.

The three, with there expert piloting skills, and insanely advanced Star Fighters, begain to smash the vastly larger Sith Squadren into pieces, something nobody could have done in a simple Republic snub fighter.

As they held them off, the remaining Commando's closed in on the moon base. Switching there lasers to Ion, prepareing to attack the heavily armed and armoured moon.

Nordans fleet, with the combind power of Admiral Katachs where quickly decimateing the fleet. However, despite everything that was happening, the stubern Sith Admiral Soch did not once bother to hail them again, clearly wishing to die, rather than be capture.

Nordan shook his head, muttering to himself. "Why must the Sith be such fools? What good would dieing do them? Nothing! They are saveing nothing by dieing, that poor pathetic fool. I really do pity him." Nordan let out a heavy sigh, as he watched another one of the Sith's Capital ships explode.

Torian, Aiden, and Sneak where meanwhile hammering the fighters with a volly of laser fire, the skilled pilots, and there advanced fighters blasting away at the Sith's fighter squadrens, the Sith pilots quickly becomeing demoralized and scattered.

The moon base was wide open for Sylvana, Gogin, and Jowamba's attack, the three fighters screeching twords the base, despite most likely never being in a fighter before, Jowamba evaded the moons turbo lasers quite well, and shot with a fair amount of accuracy.

They switched to there Ion canons as soon as the Turbo lasers had been thined out some, begaining to attack the base itself, aiming them first twords the hanger bay, wich was rapidly deploying every Sith fighter that they had in a mostly vain effort to stop the Republics victory.

Sneak was behind Major Ryth, and to his right as they entered a large group of Sith fighters. he fired at one target, destroying it, and moved to another. He took that one out, too, and then maneuvered.

Too late, though. A sith Fighter, intent on him, hit his shields, and sent his fighter spinning. Sneak yelled out, involuntarily, then regained control of his fighter. He couldn't find the other two. He didn't have time. He was surrounded, and had to move fast.

Sneak yanked his fighter's controls to the right, avoiding fire from two Sith fighters. He returned fire, destroying one, and zipped past the other. Suddenly, fire from another pair of fighters struck his rear fighters. He pulled up, and shoved the throttle control all the way forward. He left the two fighters shooting at him far behind him.

Looping around, he saw a flight of six Sith Fighters trailing in his wake. They sped up as he turned around. He switched fire over to the Ion Cannons, and fired into the midst of them.

Miniature lightning crawled over the enemy fighters, and three of them stopped maneuvering. He switched over his weapons just as the other fighters opened fire. But he had pulled a sudden turn, slewing his fighter around nearly 90 degrees. He felt no problems due to the turn, though, with the new inertial compensator that his ship was equipped with.

The three enemy fighters were shooting at empty space, and he was zooming off towards another zone of engagement. Then fire from another three, three that he had not seen, hit his fighter. His shields, stressed, broke, and laser fire hit and damaged one wing at the base, right where one of his engines was. His ship started spinning to the left, picking up speed, and he put his foot down on the rudder pedal to correct. It made very little difference. He saw the stars spin around him, and Sith Fighters closing in on his damaged, uncooperative craft.

Lasers struck the Z-95, and warning screens popped up on the Heads-Up-Display. His right engine was about to blow up. He shouted across the com waves.

"Sneak. Ejecting!" He suited actions to words and yanked on the handle beside his seat. The canopy popped off, and his seat shot him away, into space. He checked his air reserves, strapped to his seat. He had enough for an hour.

As the cold of space, a cold that his suit could not keep out, seeped in and started chilling him, he knew he wouldn't need that much air. He'd freeze to death first.

A small shuttle slowly lifted out of the hnager of the Freedom, containing the recovery team that was ordered by the Admiral, heading twords there destination without a thought to there own safty. The shuttle dodged around the stray fire that happened to come there way in the hail of green and blue lasers.

The team managed to get close enough to Sneak so that he could tell them from the other fighters that where rapidly zooming past him. He waved slowly at them, moveing againts the slowness of space to signal that he was alright. The shuttle begain to approach him closer.

After quickly makeing its way up to him, a couple of men floated down from the door at the bottum, wich had opened, keeping the men still inside safe with a shield. The two men floated over to him, one almost loseing control of his suit, as a green laser streaked across his path.

The two men gripped Sneak gently by both arms, and tugged him twords the shuttle, quickly makeing there way back inside, and thru the shield, as the door closed behind them. There fermilier feeling of gravity quickly rushing thru the three men again. Quickly removeing there suits as the pilot begain to turn there shuttle around.

"I don't know how happy Nordan will be when he hears you ruined one of his Z-95's..." The shuttle pilot said in a mocking tone twords Sneaks direction, cracking a half grin on his face, as the other crew members snickered at the image of a fumeing Nordan.

As the shuttle made its way back to the freedom, the battle continued to be waged outside, now heavily tipped in the Republics favor, as the remaining Sith Capital ships where slammed with countless blue bolts, the Capital ships of the Republics fleet hammering them, almost all of the Sith Snubs where now destroyed by eather the Commando team, or the standerd Republic fighters.

For any ships that wished to surender, it was sadly too late, there com systems haveing been knocked out for a long time already. Explosions bursting from the mighty vessles as they exploded in a amazeing display of fire and debre', the shattered pieces of the ships plumeting twords Dothamir, and burning up in its atmosphear.

Torian, seeing that the battle was mostly over, picked up his comlink. "Mission Acomplished, Admiral. Requesting permision to land!" Torian said happily. "Alright Commando's, Report in as I call your name." Torian stoped for a second, before once again continueing.

"Aiden." "Here." "Sylvana." "Here." "Gogin" "Here." "Err...Jowamba?" "Rawrrrg." "Right...Sneak." "..." "Sneak? Are you there...?" Torian said, a slightly concerned tone in his voice.

Torian Ryth sighed in relief as he saw that Sneak was not badly injured, allowing himself to smile and slap Sneak on the back happily. "Well, atleast you're not dead, eh? Torian said happily. All of them walking twords the bridge to report there status.

Nordans shuttle had just docked with the Freedom, and he had quickly made his way to the bridge of the ship, a worried look on his face, he had heared a Z-95 was shot down, though he knew the pilot was alright, he was more worried about the loss of the expensive fighter.

"Thoughs cost alot of money, I do not like waisting out spare ones on replacements..." Nordan griped slightly, rubbing his temples with his index fingers.

"I would offer for you to take the fighter out of my allowance Major, but I'm afraid you'd take me up on it," joked Sneak. "I managed to take out quite a few Sith Fighters first, though."

He grinned, covering the discomfort he had from running that close to death. Floating in space, slowly freezing to death, he'd had the perfect opportunity for some soul-searching, and that had made him very uncomfortable.

Nordan calmed down somewhat, and allowed himself to smile. "Well atleast your alright, Sneak. The Republic can afford more, I suppose. Just try and be more careful in the future." He stated calmly, turning to the others.

"You all did your jobs well, Commando's. I'm glad none of you where lost, as I am sure the Admiral, here, is." Nordan spoke, getting a com signal in, holding it up so that he could see it. "Hmmm, yes, alright. I understand, I'll tell them." Nordan spoke in the com.

Nordan rose his head to look at everyone in the room. "The planet is now open to our invasion, we must clear it of the Sith Presence, and then leave it be. We will not be trying to take the planet, just liberate it. I should also warn you to be ware of the Nightsisters, who inhabit it, they are Dark Force useing witches, who ride atop the great beasts known as Rancors." Nordan stated calmly thru the whole thing.

"We want to try and avoid them, if at all possible" He said, once more looking at his comlink. "We're ready to go in at your orders!" Torian said, looking at both Admiral Katach and Nordan, saluteing.

Nordan cleared his throat as he begain to speak. "My fleet has been probeing the planet for orbital defences, the northern hemisphear is heavily guarded by ion canon implacements, it would be very risky to try and send an invasion force in that way." He said, stopping for a moment to collect his thoughts.

"However, the southern himisphear has little or not defence, as that was where the Sith fleet was stationed. Though landing there will place us a good distance away from our targets, we have little choise but to do so." Nordan nodded, showing that he was finished speaking for the moment.

"Very well, Nordan. How would you sujest we approach our objective?" Admiral Katach asked his closest friend.

Nordan looked up at the roof of the ship for a moment, thinking, lowering his head once more, and locking eyes with the Admiral once more. "I beleave the quickest way would be to use the all terrain vehicles to move the soldiers, and commando's to there targets destination. However, the all terrain vehicles are fairly large, and could disturb the Night Sisters liveing there..."

Nordan's eyes visably darkend, showing he did not wish for that last outcome to happen. "We must try and avoid that, at all costs old friend. It could prove hazerdes to our men."

The officers around the room watched silently as the two men conversed on the matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Matorian typed rapidly at his consoul, thinking heavily on what upgrades he could add too his rapidly progressing Jedi Hunter. It had been improveing stedily since its initial test againts Shah'Raa, which it performed wonderfully in. But Matorian still knew that his creation lacked something...

"What is it...You are already deadly beyond comparison, you where capable of killing even the apprentice of Lord Armala...but there is one flaw that you have, yes..." Vourn spoke quitely too himself, walking over to his creation.

"What you lack, is the ability to change with your enviroment, a flaw in all droids, I am afraid. That is one thing you can not do, you can not quickly ajust your tactics to a new situation, as a sentiant being might..." Matorian said, frowning.

"Aslong as you have that, my son, you will not be the perfect killing machine. But, how could I give you this? There is no known program that would allow you such free thought, you would need independance, which a droid can not truely have..."

Curseing slightly under his breath, Vourn staired at the ground, a frown on his face. However, the frown was soon replace by a malevolent grin, his eyes twinkleing with a bit more insanity than was normal, even for him.

"Yes...thats what I can do, just like a Jedi mind meld...I will link my brain to yours viea a special type of radar, and from the safety of my lab, I will dictate your orders. We shall be joined as one, father, and son, to destroy the Republic together!"

"Soon, my son. Soon you shall be perfected, then together, we will lead the Sith to victory!"

• 3 weeks later...

JA-32 watched with his eyes that were not eyes, as the soldiers around him strapped in and nervously checked their weapons again and again.

Being a droid, it was technically impossible for him to feel nervousness, fear, desire, hate or love. Technically. The many long years of not having his memory wiped, like most droids did, had lent him nearly a personality. He worried that perhaps he would be hit by an Ion rifle that would fry his circuits. Of course, he had some surge protection, but he'd never had to find out except that one time whether or not it worked.

And that time, he'd had his personality restored to him after they uploaded the last copy of him that had been saved onto the main computer. And that had been after his body had spent a week in the shop, getting all its circuits replaced.

Maybe he was nervous. He had no way to tell, though. He would go ahead and do this job. He glanced around. Due to some problems with crowding in the Commando's transport, he'd been put into another transport, one filled with regular troops. They looked young, even for humans. Odd, really. Most of them were human. There was one Rodian, and that was it.

As JA understood it, the Commandos were going to be taking swoops into the North Continent, supported by some regular troops. There, they would start knocking out some of the southernmost Ion Cannons, and when enough were damaged, the main force would lift up, having never left the transports, and do some terrain-following flying to get as close as possible to the Sith and whatever base or bases they had set up.

A young man, sitting beside him, sweating, looked over at JA. The droid calculated how much experience the man must have, and how many Sith Troopers they were likely going up against. The outlook for nervous man was not good. Nevertheless, JA did something he'd seen battle-hardened humans do numerous times when confronted with the same situation: A young man, possibly entering his first fight, nervous, sweating, ready to puke... he said those magical words, that for some reason that he could not fathom, made them feel better.

"You'll be allright." he said, clapping his hand on the boy's shoulder. For some reason, he didn't look like felt any better.

Humans!

Torian sat by his swoop bike, preparing it for there journey ahead. He packed his E-11 onto it, along with his standered Republic issue blaster pistol. Climbing on the swoop, he turned to look at Sneak, a slight look of concern on his face. "Do you think you are up for this so soon after your last close call?"

The other commando's where busy prepping there speeders for the long trip that lay just ahead of them.

The Commandos were busy preparing for departure. Brushing his hair out of his eyes, Aiden Jast double checked his weapons. He had his blastors, virobaldes, grenades and his swoop bike was all ready. Ticking these of his fingers he suddenly remembered Jo.

He could not sense the bulking figure of his friend behind him and was rather surprised since Jowamba rarely left his side. Glancing around, not far from where he was standing, he spotted the wookie chatting comfortably with Sylvanna.

'Huh?' Aiden though, musing up his hair even more in his confusion.

'Well no point in standing around here.' Shrugging, Aiden decided to go over and quench his curiosity.

"Hello!" Aiden said, reaching the two. They all but ignored him...

"Whats up Jowie, you aren't usually this talkative?" Raising his eyebrows, he spoke rather loudly to catch their attention.

But the wookie seemed to find his conversation with Sylvana quite interesting and after a slight nod, gave Aiden no other response.

"More interesting than me it seems." Aiden muttered grumpily. Hands in his pocket, Aiden watched them talk away with a vicious scowl.

The Republic troopers had begain walking down the many transports ramps, eagerly awaiting the commandos sucsessful mission, so that they may go in. Over 40,000 of the Republic Royal Army had landed there, a combination of rookiees, veterans, and hardend War Hero's.

It was true, that they expected some heavy resistance here, the Sith held this planet in a much tighter grip than Bakura, litterly thousands of there troops being garrisoned here. And for your average soldier, a Sith Trooper was anything but a push over, highly trained in both marksmanship and melee fighting.

The Sith put there troops thru rigerous obstical courses, training exorsizes that bordered on torturous, painful and almost cruel work outs and sleep patterns, but in the end, it produced the deadliest army the Galaxy had ever seen. Highly dicaplined, a Sith Trooper never questioned orders, and was willing to throw down his life in an instant, as the training crushed nearly all indeviduality that they might have once had had.

The Republic had a much less harsh way of training its soldiers, standered boot camp, then combat training, produced high quality troops, but not nessasarily devoid of a will of there own. None the less, the Republic troopers where just as willing to throw down there lives as the Sith, though out of loyalty, not fear. They both have about the same accuracy, however, the Sith Troopers also have there ghostly armour, not only does it offer extra protection, but it can become demoralising to have a expressionless face staring back at you.

Yes, the Commando's where about to head into territory crawling with litterly thousands apon thousands of these men, all who would love to just kill one of them, even at the cost of there own life. Torian knew this, and was prepared for the risk, it was there job to make sure that the transports could get in range by taking out those Ion Canon implacements.

The Commando's would be supported by a group of the Republic's finest. 200 men, all hero's in there own right. This swoop squad was preparing to face off againts impossible numbers. Stealth and suprise would be there only advantage here.

"Are we ready, Commando's?" Torian asked the others, as they sat, ready to leave, the other 200 men behind them, all on speeders of there own.

Sneak bobbed his head. "Yeah, I think I'll be okay. I knew the risks. A bit of a shock, coming that close to the risks, but I think I'm going to be more careful, which is perhaps a good thing..." He looked around and realized that Torian was no longer there.

"Guess I did drag on a bit, didn't I?"

JA watched his companions, as well as the support troops they had. The men from the transport he'd been in were part of the support group. He checked his speeder again, and ran one last quick diagnostic test.

He pumped his hand in the air along with the other commandos to indicate readiness.

Sneak turned on the map screen that was built into his heads-up-display. It showed their objectives, and his current position. He looked at the speeder bike once more. It was not as big as a standard swoop, with smaller engines, meant less for insane speed, (although it was a fairly fast vehicle) but for size and maneuverability.

He sighed once, and looked around at the clearing. This was just one of many such clearings.

Torian reved his engine to signal that it was almost time, checking behind him, seeing that his commando's where ready to move. "Alright! Lets move em' out!" He shouted, as his speeder blazed off into the distance, followed by several others.

The dpeeders raced thru the thick jungles of the planet, avoiding tree's and rocks, as they made there way twords the ion canons. The 200+ engines roared as the emerged from the jungle sailing over the vast landscape and swamps of the world. It was clear that this was a very wet planet.

They made there way across the small expance of water, there speeders hover-engines keeping the aloft above the small lake. Finally, as they rose above a hill, Torian turned his speeder sharply to the side, slamming on the breaks. The other speeders did the same.

"We are here..." He said quitely. "The Ion Canon control compound should be close by. We are vastly outnumbered here men. It is the 200 of us againts over 10,000 of them..." He said bluntly. "Stealth is of the utmost importance."

With that, Torian climbed off his swoop, and picked up his blasters, and vibro-blade. He made his way to the top of the hill, and with a quick wave, signled the commando's to move to his either of his sides. "There it is, the Ion shield center. Before we attack the canons directly, we'll need to take that out..."

The Commandos carefully looked over the hill, waiting for there chance to strike. The guards patrol rout was very tight. Never leaving an area out of eyes view for long. Sneaking into that place would be extreamly hard.

"We'll need to catch these guys off guard for sure, commandos. It won't be easy...if we move too much closer they would see if for sure. We could just try a frontal assault, but they would have enough reinforcments on us to whipe us from the face of the planet within five minutes." He said bluntly.

"We need to hit there communications aray. That way, if its down, they'll have trouble calling for help if we attack. It is our only option, I'm afraid. So, move out, commandos!" He said, as he crawled down from the hill, and signaled for them to follow him.

Torian marched twords the com aray, a short distance away from the ion control center. The other 200 men where given orders to wait with the swoops while they disabled the com station.

"We'll need some disguises..." Torian stated calmly.

Torian held the infored goggles to his eyes, as he zoomed in on the facility. He rose his hand, quickly pointing two pressed fingers twords his right, behind a tree. Gogin quickly moved there. He then pointed to the left behind another, Sylvana moving to the location. He ordered the other two commando's, as well as Jowamba and JA to stay down behind him.

A patrol of two slowly marched twords them, on there normal rout, talking to each other. "You know, I hear we lost contact with the space blockade." One trooper stated. "Really? Probably just a few short circuts. I'm sure it'll be back up in no time." The other trooper assured his comrad.

As they neared the Commandos, Torian quickly pumped his fist. Sylvana and Gogin dashed from the tree's, Gogin stabbing his vibro-blade into the troopers neck - the closest thing to a head without damaging the helmet, Sylvana stabbing the trooper in the gut. Only damaging the fabric between the troopers armour. Somthing they wouldn't notice with there black undercloths.

Torian smiled, looking down at the troopers. "Good, Aiden, you and I will put these on, and make our way back to the communications relay. Make sure Jowamba knows he must stay here."

Sneak set up his datapad. It was much larger and bulkier than a normal datapad, as it contained some longer-distance transmitting capabilities, as well as a few other items that came in handy. He started tapping away, finding the Sith signal.

"Just like I thought. They're using about 8 channels for transmitting data between stations. However, their coding is good enough that I'm going to have difficulty breaking it, let alone getting into the system in such a manner as to be undedected and still able to perform major tasks." He sighed. "I'm going to need access to a Sith Terminal to do anything, really." he tapped a few more items. "I'll see if I can break the code. If I could transmit it to the ships in orbit, they could probably break it in a while. If I did that, though, we'd be giving ourselves away..." he trailed off as a thought occured to him. But that was something that might not be best for now, he decided. However, it was somthing to bear in mind.

He realized he was getting odd looks. "I'll just keep working away here."

JA scanned the immediate area at a rate of two million times a second. His sensors, built without the natural limitations that humans had, detected nothing dangerous. No sudden clumpings of Sith Soldiers beyond those in the barracks. A plan began forming in his head, should a fight break out. Obviously, their small number, even with the 200 hundred with them, were not going to manage much, but it was best to have a back-up plan.

Just in case.

Torian listened to Sneak for a moment, and then odded his head. "In that case, Aiden will stay here. Sneak will come with me so that he may hack into there terminal once we are inside. Suit up Sneak, this will take some convincing acting." Torian stated, a slight grin on his face.

Sneak put on the Sith Troopers gear. "Hi. I'm here for rampant destruction and the oppression of native species." he waved a hand in front of his face. "I thought these helmets were supposed to enhance vision, not detract from it."

Torian pressed a button on his fore-arm, and the visor cleared. "Ah," he said, relieved, "That's much better." Torian shook his head, because the commandos all knew about that. Still, Sneak regarded it as his duty to keep things light occasionally.

Archived