Home

Soldiers of the Republic.

Hiroki

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

(( Seeing as the first story was revived, I figured this one should be as well. :) ))

After everyone going had finished suiting up, they slowly made there way towards the communications outpost. "We will be getting sneak to the Sith terminal. There he will be capable of disabling the Sith's communications arrays."

Torian ordered the rest of the commandos to stay in there current location until he called for them, and the three then set off.

Torian, Aiden, and Sneak moved silently through the trees, making sure to stay hidden from any camera devices that where set up in the forest. As they neared the edge of the forest, the Sith com array now in clear view, Torian ordered them to act casual, and make there way 'innocently' into the Sith outpost.

The three, posing as Sith Troopers walked into the com array, and, aside from a Sith Officer stopping them to ask about there 'patrol', they made it in without any delay.

Name: Ana

Sex: Female

Race: Human

Weight: 120

Hight: 5' 2"

Weapons of choice: blaster pistol, 1 sword (strange, I know, but she likes it) The sword has been passed down in Ana's family for several generations.

Ana was barely listening to her father as he told her of all the equipment in this terminal. She had never truly been interested in joining the Sith army, even now that she was over the age they would accept. Her father, on the other hand, was eagerly trying to get her to join.

Instead of paying attention to her father, Ana found it interesting to watch the people walking around. Most wore helmets, preventing her from seeing their faces, but she didn't care. Everybody had a different way of carrying themselves and it was this she was paying attention to.

"You're not listening to me," her father suddenly said. Ana's attention suddenly snapped back to him, just as the three (you guys) walked past.

"I'm sorry, father," Ana said. "I'm just not interested. I don't want to work for you. I've got my own plans."

"Ah, yes," he said angrily. "Your plans. Being a pilot. There are places for you in our forces if that is the way you would go."

"Forget it, father," Ana sighed. "I'm not joining your military."

"So be it," he snapped. "Get out."

Ana turned and headed for the exit. She was glad to be leaving this place. Even as early as the next day, the ship she had been building since she turned 15 would be complete. When that happened, she'd be leaving this planet.

((heh. Revived the one topic, and then had to leave for part of the week))

Sneak watched many of the others around him, though they would never know because of his helmet. he nervously pulled at his right index finger, cracking it. He moved down the fingers of his hand, doing likewise.

They reached the terminal, an impressive set up with many blinking lights. The terminal had only 1 screen, though, and that was facing towards the rest of the hall. Sneak knew that'd never do, but they didn't have much choice. He just looked as natural as he could and started typing away. He indicated to Torrian that he might want some privacy from the rest of the Sith, and the other man nodded.

A few moment's work, and he was in. He took a program he'd made, dropped it through the Sith network to another station, one with lots of comm arrays, and made it look like another station had set it in there. That program had very specific instructions on when to start broadcasting the decoding for the Sith comm channels to teh Republic ships above, and that time was not yet.

Nearly 15 minutes more, and a good deal of sweat later, he managed to make the shutting down of the shield generators look like a bit of maintanence. He then put in a program to lock out any kind of control for the Sith at their control terminals, and started it up. Then he shut down the screen, and stepped away from the terminal. He nodded to Torian, and it was at that moment that the red lights started blinking and the alarm klaxons started going off.

Sneak shrugged, and legged it to the doors behind Torian, looking for all the world like a normal pair of Sith Troopers.

"Ana!" her father called. She had not yet left the terminal and her father came hurrying after her. "Ana, don't go outside. The Republic has a fleet in orbit and there's no telling what they'd do to you."

"Maybe they'd get me off this rotten planet," Ana retorted. "I'm tired of this place. As soon as I complete my ship, I'm gone."

"Under the legal system, I can do nothing to stop you," her father growled. "There's no telling what I'd do in the seclusion of our home."

"You'll not get the chance," Ana snapped. "I'm leaving. I don't care if my ship isn't entirely ready. It's ready enough."

She turned and stormed out. Her father followed her, a look of pure rage on his face. When they entered their house, Ana spun around and put her blaster in her father's face.

"Like I said, you can't do anything to me," she told him. He froze for a second. Then, with a smile on his face, he began to put his hands up above his head. When they were at the level of Ana's blaster, he spun, knocking the blaster away from his face. He kicked her in the stomach and sent her flying across the small room.

"Can't do anything to you, eh?" he smirked. She groaned and attempted to get up and move toward the door. He stood in her way, preventing her from getting out. "I think I'm in the process of beating you to pieces!"

Ana backed away and drew her sword. Her father hissed. "I knew it was a bad idea to give that to you!" He slipped out the door and Ana followed him, retrieving her blaster and placing both blaster and sword in their proper places on her belt.

"Go back to work, sir," she said, refusing to address the man as her father. "You'll get in trouble if you don't."

With a hiss of anger, he turned away. Ana ran quickly back inside and took what little she could call her own. Then, she headed for the place her ship was parked. A young man stood in her way when she got there.

"Going somewhere?" he demanded. Ana laughed and nodded.

"I'm leaving, Arnos," she told him. "Would you like to come?"

"Your ship's not entirely complete, is it?" Arnos asked with a frown. Ana shrugged.

"It's ready enough," she answered. "Let's go."

They entered the ship, more a shuttle than anything else. Ana prepared it to take off, but as they lifted off, something happened and it set back down on the ground heavily. Ana groaned.

"Maybe there's a fuel leak," Arnos joked. Ana gave him an evil glare and he laughed. "I'll check it."

"I'm coming," Ana said quickly. "I don't think I trust you any more."

This was, of course an absurd thing to say. Arnos and Ana had been friends for as long as they could remember. Nothing would change that. Both left the ship and began examining the exterior for a problem.

With a sigh of frustration, Arnos headed back to the interior of the ship. Ana did not follow. Instead, when Arnos had completely entered the ship, Ana spun, putting her left leg above her head as she did so and kicking the side of the ship.

"Oww," she muttered. In seconds, the ship sputtered back to life and Ana limped back into the cockpit.

"You kicked it again, didn't you," Arnos said with a frown. Ana grinned and nodded. "And again, it was an internal problem, wasn't it?" Another nod from Ana as she took the controls.

"Hope the Republic will believe us when we say why we're leaving," she muttered. They would soon find out... they were almost free of the planet's atmosphere.

• 3 weeks later...

Ana made no attempt to resist raising her eyebrows as she crossed her arms in front of her.

"My friend, Arnos and I do not wish to be a part of this war," she answered. "That is not, however, our only reason for leaving. My father is abusive and I'm not willing to take that any more. His abuse has trained me to hate the Sith he wanted me to join."

As she said this, a fire lit in her eyes. "I will not return to the surface."

Archived