Home

Majin Revan's Help Thread

PR-0927

Well, many people have been asking questions that have been, umm, disappointing. I thought, maybe I could make a page that answers a lot of questions and updates people on things.

First of all, JKA, JA, JK3, JKIII, and JK5 are the SAME thing.

First of all, there are four other Jedi Knight games: Dark Forces I, Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, then Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

I have no clue why Jedi Knight II wasn't called "Mysteries of the Sith II" or "Jedi Knight IV" (it technically is the fourth one). Jedi Academy might have been an expansion pack at first for Jedi Knight II, but I really don't know. Jedi Academy is definitely its own game. Jedi Academy is technically "Jedi Knight V." Also, the first two Dark Forces games were and weren't Jedi Knight games. They were their own series, but they evolved into the Jedi Knight series. Odd, huh?

Second of all, there are vehicles in Jedi Academy. It isn't a mod or a patch. See, Raven was going to put Single Player and Multi-Player maps with vehicles like ships, but they never did (probably ran out of time). The ships can be spawned with npc spawn codes. Also, there have been numerous maps like: Kotor Flight School, Kotor Flight School Final, Asteroids TFFA, Hangar 12, Hangar 13, Bespin Flight Arena, Bespin Flight Arena V2. They all use ships, many of them being new vehicles made by modelers. Siege Star Destroyer 1.0 and Siege Star Destroyer 2.0 were going to be siege maps included in the game, but Raven ran out of time!! If you still play Siege Star Destroyer 1.0, and not 2.0, get 2.0. 2.0 is better, has bugs fixed, and it is more challenging!! Jedi Academy for XBOX really sucks, cause it doesn't even come with the ships!! They can't get the awesome vehicle maps like we can, so try to download them!!

Lastly, there is a third Kotor Flight School map being made. Kotor Flight School final was actually the second one :rolleyes: . I can't tell you anything about V3 though. I am beta testing for it though.

Well, there you have it. I can't think of anything else to right (and I don't feel like it). Keep your eyes peeled for more threads for help!!

:fett:

Ya delete the other posts and i have a bone to pick wih you

its NOT called Star Wars Jedi Knight : Dark Forces!!!!

ITS CALLED Star Wars : Dark Forces!!!!

Its Not a jedi knight game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it should be jk3 not jk4 :)

LOL, now I need the help!! How do you delete a thread?

Also, I didn't mean to put five identical threads!! My computer wouldn't load the page, so I kept hitting stop and reload.

*Mutters to self: "Stupid, stupid, stupid!!"

I think your statement about the Jedi Knight and the Dark Forces series might be misleading to those unaware of the series' history.

Dark Forces was a firs person shooter staring bounty hunter Kyle Katarn. It did not even have 'Jedi Knight' in the title.

That came with the sequel. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, to which there was an expansion entitled Mysteries of the Sith.

After that 'Dark Forces' was dropped altogether and the next game was released as Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

Jedi Academy still uses the Jedi Knight II logo and technically isn't Jedi Knight III, according to Raven. They say if there is a direct sequel, it sill star Kyle Katarn in the leading role instead of as a secondary character. However, due to the confusion it might cause, Raven might drop the numbering scheme altogether and stick with the subnames to differntiate the games from here on out.

That's merely my own assumption, though. They may very well go ahead and release and official 'Jedi Knight III' saying, "Bah, they'll figure it out."

Arguing semantics at this time is pointless. Until such a game is released, whenever someone says JK3, I will just assume they mean JA. I'm fine with that.

I do hope Raven tweaks their vehicle code for the next game. I've found the vehicles in JA to be rather...awkward. I've also had no luck getting the game to properly recognize my flightstick, so that hasn't been helping me any.

Then again, I won't be happy until flying starfighters in a JK game is as good as playing a new X-Wing game. I realize this probably will never be the case, as they are FPS games and not flight sims, but I can dream, can't I? I will, however, be happy if they at least become as easy to control as those found in Halo, or similar games.

There, I fixed the "Dark Forces" mistake.

Also, Radd, have you tried flying with mouse and keyboard. Aiming is actually better with mouse and keyboard. I play with mouse and keyboard and always roast everyone easily (not to brag...). It takes a while to get used to. I actually have to cross my arms sometimes when flying, but, now I am used to it. So, just try the keyboard and mouse thing.

StormHammer, thanks for deleting the excess threads, the site wasn't loading and in frustration I stopped and reloaded, like, five times.

Also, anyone can bring another debated subject into this thread. You are more than welcome to.

Unofficial or not, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy was referred to as "JK3" and "Jedi Knight III" (or Jedi Knight 3) by EVERYONE until the official name was announced.

1)Star Wars: Dark Forces

2)Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

3)Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith: Jedi Knight Companion Missions (ie: the only expansion the series has ever known)

4)Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

5)Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

So there is no JKIV or JK5, but JA is the same as JK3. And JK3 technically doesn't exist as its own game, it's just the "working title" that JA used before it was called JA. ; )

If JK3 was planned as an expansion, why did they call it "JK3"? It didn't turn out as an expansion, either.

ThreeWaveSoftware (who worked on MP maps with Raven software) still calls it Jedi Knight 3 on their page (http://www.threewavesoftware.com/).

The master server for JA is even called "masterjk3.ravensoft.com"!

Sure it used a similar logo element, sure it featured some of the same characters (in supporting roles), and sure it used a modified version of the previous engine JK2 used. But that doesn't make it an expansion.

It wasn't sold as one, marketed as one and didn't require the original game. It actually had MORE content than the original game and a different storyline. It stands alone just fine.

Makes sense to me!

I guess it's sort of like movie titles. Even though we call it "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" the actual release title is just "Star Wars."

And "Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace" was called "Star Wars Episode I" in production.

Archived