Home

Troop wars or just another mech whore?

FroZticles

Vostok I prefer the gme the way it is now. You see, when troops are made one at a time, you get atleast something out a lot quicker. Im not waiting five times the time just to get something that shoots.

FroZ, in fact I usually play inter+ games, or I did, and I know pbguy does too. I almost never built mechs. Late game, I used mostly 'peaters and air and maybe some mounties. Yes mechs are a viable option, but sticking with troopers is much better with certain civs (like rebs and wooks). I think it mostly involves playstyle.

Making clear I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if I repeat someone else's ideas.

As Windu says, not all civs should have "mechs". Even more, the "mech" class should not exist at all.

I think we all want a game where all factions are radically different from each other (a la Starcraft) to capture their unique Star Wars feel.

So, for example Rebels have exceptinally good pilots and the Empire doesn't (Vader doesn't count).

Empire has walkers, and the Rebels have nothing equivalent to that.

Maybe Rebels should be faster soldiers to hit and run. I don't know. I really hope the next game is more accurate to the movies. I loved SWGB but sequels have to be step further, don't you think?

Archived