Home

What are the hopes for MI 5 ?

threepwood3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by $crooge

I think that it's the only graphic adventure that Lucasarts can think to do in this moment. I think that there wasn't market for Sam & Max, the only graphic adventure that can sell is a new MI.

Actually, the whole point of them cancelling Sam & Max was because there was no market for adventure games, so Monkey Island 5 will be the last thing on their agenda.

No doubt production will start on MI5 in the future (and I'm guessing the very late future) btu whether it finishes or not is a different story.

I hope to get a chance to buy a copy of a 5th Monkey Island game. I can't find any new copies of Escape to Monkey Island on Playstation 2. I hope they come out with a PLaystation 2 version if they make a 5th Monkey Island video game. Then again they will probably jsut cancel it like Full Throttle 2 and Sam and Max 2.

• 3 weeks later...

i personally doubt there will even be an mi5. lucasarts probably forgot about it...and it's lying in some dusty corner of a dark, cold, damp, musty room somewhere. :(

but let's hope not.

Lucas promises a new Monkey Island in some different gags of MI4.

Guybrush, and VoodoLady too have said that there will be a new game!

and this has been brought up time and time again, people have said that just b/c the voodoo lady says she has a 5-game contract doesn't mean there'll definitely be a fifth one. i used to disagree with those people, but now i agree. sadly, it was either said because:

they were planning to do an mi5, but for whatever reasons they still haven't gotten around to it yet, and they may not for a while;

or, it's just something for us to cling to in hopes that there'll be an mi5.

hopefully, it's the first one, but we'll see.

i wudnt get my hopes up on MI5,im sure they'll make it.no doubt.it's a healty brand name with more fans than sam+max.personally i think monkey island needs an injection of Mr.Gilbert,also british accents would be much funnier.Actually they should remake the 2nd game and give it a proper ending....then id be happy.........long live grim

You know the spacebar, you're meant to hit it after every , and . It's called grammar.

Now, lets get back to what you said, firstly, Monkey Island is a computer game, it has about as many fans as a computer game gets. Sam and Max on the other hand is a compuer game, comic strip and TV series. I'm guessing Sam and Max has more fans.

According to LA, this isn't the best time to be releasing a graphics adventure game so they probably won't tart on another one like MI5.

Secondly, Elaines voice in English would be good, but I'm just too used to Dominic Armato as Guybrush

Thirdly, the MI2 ending was fine, in fact it was great, I loved it. It's best left alone.

And fourthly, I doubt at all that Ron would be involved in MI5, not unless he came back to LA, and I doubt he would considering he's got his own company now.

Originally posted by Skinkie

And he would never make MI5, he'd make MI3 his way.

he only said in an interview that he'd like to. But seriously, if he didn't have a job and they came to him and asked him to make MI5 for them, do you think he'd turn it down. Although he could cleverly say at the beginning of MI5 something along the lines of "Nah! it was all a dream from when guybrush fell down that hole at the end of MI2. here's what really happened!" and then we'd play the game from guybrush waking up in a hole with the Big Whoop Treasure in his hands.

just for that im never going to leave a space after, (except here)lighten up there is no need to be so bitchy mate.

The reason I think the end of the 2nd game was poor because the team making the 3rd game had to come up with a totally ridiculous begining to their game(my opinion).if they just left it at 2 games then it's a fabulous ending,very funny! I know Ron would never come back(it's just what i think the series needs) and yes he should make HIS 3rd episode to the series.I think the english accent for guybrush(and a few other characters)with most other characters having american accents with be very funny.Sadly this is all just talk because with broken sword(the best adventure game since grim) selling so poorly it will be a while befor we see MI5.

Personally IN GAMING I think monkey island fans outway sam+max fans.I can only speak for where I come from,,,,,,,,,,Ireland.plus if you search the web for monkey island you'll get thousands of more results than sam+max.I do anyway. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

*off topic*

Originally posted by smokes o' pot

just for that im never going to leave a space after, (except here)lighten up there is no need to be so bitchy mate.

The only reason I'm "bitchin" mate, is because there is really no good reason why even the simplest of writing can't have a space in the right places. We have people from all around the world here remember, some of them can't speak or type or read very well in English so when they come to these boards they find it a little difficult...

...and they still manage a space in all the right places.

I'm not bugging you about absolutely correct grammar and spelling, just be considerate for other people please, it's not too hard. and Now I apologise in adanced for "bitchin" about it and promise to let it drop now that i've said what i've had to say.

*On topic*

Now I respect the fact that in your opinion you didn't like the ending of MI2, yes, it did cause the maketrs of MI3 to try and create a good intro to the game, but personally, I think they dodged that bullet nicely leaving it out there as to how he got out of the carnival. Of course I was annoyed a bit that we never found out, who wouldn't be?

And I agree that with Broken swrod doing so badly in sales (at least revolution released it, take a leaf out of there book LA! Bloody good game though) and the fact that LA think adventure game won't sell, they probably won't make it. saying that i'm looking forward to such upcoming adventure games as The Longest Journey 2 (what's that called again) and syberia 2.

And yes, in gaming, monkey island is more popular, i'm not too sure about the website thing though, just because it has more fansites, does that mean it has more fans, or just more fans with too much time on their hands? :D

Originally posted by Joshi

*On topic*

Now I respect the fact that in your opinion you didn't like the ending of MI2, yes, it did cause the maketrs of MI3 to try and create a good intro to the game, but personally, I think they dodged that bullet nicely leaving it out there as to how he got out of the carnival. Of course I was annoyed a bit that we never found out, who wouldn't be?

Personnally I've always believed he was rammed incredibly hard while in the bumper car area and went flying through the fence and into the sea. It's very comical to my minds eye, I can see it now....

Ah, but how did he get out of his spell. Do you think that maybe the spell only works if guybrush is nearb monkey island (which is why lechuck was able to do it again at the end of CMI?

seems reasonable.

Fair enough. I'm a slow typer by the way so I take shortcuts. Also is it just me or is Le Chuck a French name?, I've always wondered.

I'm quite looking forward to Beneath a Steel Sky 2.

Also there is a great opening in the market for a small time developer to make adventure games. They wouldn't need good graphics just good writers. I can dream.

There are enough crappy fan games being made at the mo, I guess if someone came up with a half decent story it could work.

You know what, I just had an apiffany (sp?) If ron told us what he thought his version of MI3 could be like, we could create a spoof version of it. I mean it would basically be us using sprites that resembled the characters and names that sounded like Guybrush and Monkey island. Now of course we would never say that it is meant to be a Monkey island game, we would say it's an original game that bears a slight resemblence to Monkey island. Then we'd put it on the internet for free and everyone would finally get Ron's story.

Of course LA would find out, but as long as no one says it's meant to be a monkey island game in disguise, they legally can't do anything.

Of course that's just a theory and any minute now someone will come along and tell me why I'm wrong (by the way, if this were to pass, I wouldn't be the one doing it, i'd just be the...you know... guy who started it all :p)

A good idea, all we need now is Ron, a baseball bat to beat it out of him, and 10 minutes of his time. You could actually get away with it. As long as you avoided all registered trademarks. They probly feckin' registered monkeys as their trademark.......then you would be screwed.

As always I blame society on a lack of MI5(thats not mission impossible 5)

Originally posted by Joshi

Ah, but how did he get out of his spell. Do you think that maybe the spell only works if guybrush is nearb monkey island (which is why lechuck was able to do it again at the end of CMI?

seems reasonable.

Exactly, the curse is entirely linked to the carnival. Being catapulted away from it ripped the curse out like a still beating heart.

Originally posted by smokes o' pot

A good idea, all we need now is Ron, a baseball bat to beat it out of him, and 10 minutes of his time. You could actually get away with it. As long as you avoided all registered trademarks. They probly feckin' registered monkeys as their trademark.......then you would be screwed.

yeah, but I doubt they could do that. But skipping tradmarks is easy, people do it all the time when spoofing something. We could call the main character Giythrush Creepwoof, and we could call it "The Closely Guarded Tale, That Not Too Many People Know About, of and Island Inhabited by Small Primates of some sort", it's long, but it'll work.

Archived