Home

Dash Rendar for JA

This is the Jedi Outcast one Dash Rendar (The screenshots don't really do it justice. I recommend downloading it and checking out for yourself.)

Same thing with the Emperor model and the left hand saber tag being buggy in JA.

I don't know what your preference is on this topic, but all the JO models work in JA save that left hand problem.

Only a few models from JO have been updated to work completely in JA. It wouldn't be hard for the original authors to fix it, since it would only take like 10-20 minutes on average, depending on how good they are at weighting. unfortunately not many modelers have felt compelled to fix it.

When JA first came out and I noticed the problem, I was hoping that they would fix them, but it hasn't happened on a large scale. :(

So, if the left hand doesn't bother you that much, you can enjoy all the great JO models in JA. It just really depends.

Anyways, I hope that's what you wanted.

You can just stick the pk3 in JA's base folder and the model will show up and work in-game.

The sounds won't work and you will have to fix that seperately. Information about the fixing the sounds can be found over here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125288

I'd recommend using Hekx's seperate pk3 method if you'll want to play online, or just for the ease of not repacking every pk3.

You'll need to look in the pk3's to find the name of the sound folder and model folder, and then just create text files with the sound directory and put them in folders with the model directory names. Zip that up and the sounds will work. :)

I hope that was clear enough. If not, just ask and I'll clarify as best as I can. :)

EDIT: There are a lot more models and things for JO that will work in JA. Here are some sites with those files (you might already know about them, but I thought I'd post them anyways.). There's a lot of really good work, so if you don't mind searching around you can get a lot more good stuff.

JK2 Files

Lucasfiles

PC Gamemods

Archived