Home

Method of Offense/Defence (JA)

Tidus01

Has anybody noticed something odd going around servers lately? There has been a style of fightiing known as the fluerry or as some people say, spamming left to right attacks. I have incorparated this into my style of fighting and have nearly perfected it. I have realized my wins have probably gone up by over 20% and my fighting speed has greatly enhanced.

manny people think that they know this technique but I will give out the true steps needed to matster it:

a) As you move forward into your oppenent you hold the left key while holding attack (always hold down attack for this technique) and as your saber reaches the left side of your character, do not spin your saber, I repeat DO NOT HAVE YOUR SABER SPIN, but instead quickly hold the right key so that your saber will now swipe to the right. Continue this proccess using a LEFT to RIGHT motion. In about 5 minutes of practicing you will master the basics of this technique.

Note: For complete effectivness for this technique. adjust your sensetivity to 4/10 if not more.

b) As you hold left LOOK left, then as you hold right LOOK right...this must all be done all together or it will not work.

This technique will inflict over 50-70 dmg in a few quick swipes if done correctly. (And I do it correctly so I would kinda know : ) )

this move is mainly used for offence but can be used for defence as well because who will come near a raging freak lit up by saber all around him???

.....thought so

Cheapo tactics like that swiping motion are all the same, as long as you see em coming you can steer clear and maneuver for a red swipe. If it weren't for the fact red style single saber is so effective I would have stopped playing JA mp a long time ago. It may look like Star wars meets sledgehammer animations wise, but it does do the job.

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

I'd just put one red overhead into you, and bam, you'd probably be dead ^^

Yeah, its used a lot, especially with staff and two sabers. Insanely damaging with tow though...

That can't really be done, said overhead, if they do these swipes in midair.. you risk getting hit by headshot. (Don't even mention staff/dual sideswipes.. I scream in annoyance at it, though I can do it, it just annoys me. Especially if they crouch it out in midair.)

• 2 weeks later...

Any change to your pitch while fanning will break the swing chain.

Any change to your yaw (as you suggest) will decrease the

amount of damage you can deal (if you are not using dynamic

crosshair) as the target falls outside of the recticle. Maintaining

your view pitch around a 45 or 65 degree angle will increase

your chances of chaining 5 swings with medium stance. This

tactic gained momentum after only a few days following JK2's

pre-order release, and is not any cheaper than using the same

left to right strong stance 3-swing chain over and over, and over

(and over) again, which can break through any and all defenses;

however, it is just as boring. Also, it isnt as effective in JKA as it

was in JK2, mostly in part due to ghoul2's "sometimes its there,

sometimes it isnt" collision detection.