Home

Grip Flip "Noobs"

saurumonk

Just an observation but anyone been on servers to where these asses will come up to you while saber off and start pummeling you with that pathetic technique then you attack back with saber- they yell lamer and you get kicked or put to sleep? what the **** is this game coming to? funny thing is tho it is usually the ones that are in control of the server that do not abide by their own rules-- and sadly enough 8 out of 10 of the ones encountered like that are grip-flip ass pirates...

The question that always comes to my mind when somebody complains about overuse of some technique, weapon or power is this...if they can successfully use it on you again and again, who is really the n00b in this situation?

As to admins who kick people who win too often, that's just pure egotism and sore-losership on their part. These folks have no business playing competative video games, period.

As to admin mods, Raven is not to blame for these, the blame lies sorely on the developers of the admin mods. They've seen the abuse their mods have caused over the past 2 years, yet they continue to include features that allow admins to abuse players and virtually cheat in games with impunity. That this tends to ruin all competative aspects of the game and turn it into a "kiss up to the admin or else" contest is sad, but doesn't have to be the rule.

Admins need to simply break their addiction to these mods and host normal servers. Are they afraid that rcon alone won't allow them full control of their servers?

Anyway, I can feel your frustration, but you'll never be able to convince a lot of these guys to EVER change, they will continue to do things that piss you off. The best possible thing you can do is to start your own server (get a pro one from a place like JediServers.com) and MAKE YOUR OWN RULES.

Nobody can ever ruin my game because I run a no-rules server and it's MINE. No individual or group of whining players can take it away or whine me into using an admin mod. That's what's so cool. And there's obviously a demand for that kind of server because it's always full (when running correctly that is!).

Admins need to simply break their addiction to these mods and host normal servers. Are they afraid that rcon alone won't allow them full control of their servers?

I doubt most admins know how to remote administrate (it's a beautiful tool, learn it) through the use of rcon. That or they don't know it's an actual feature.

rcon is such a powerful tool, but I think it's use has diminished in the Quake 3 engine. The early stages of admin mod for games like CS didn't have the slapping/teleporting/stack abuse, it was pretty much a database of people's WONIDs to kick/ban at will so people wouldn't mess with server settings.

Perhaps it's also laziness. The JK2 admin mods were deemed "perfect" (by popular opinion, not logic or common sense) and so every mod maker who ever churned out an admin mod just copied and pasted all the old commands in.

Or the widespread idea that "honor dueling" is the only legitimate and fun way to play these games, and so "lamers" need to be punished for their dishonor with the commands...

Interesting comparison with the CS community.

so with that comes the question of what really constitutes a "lame"

of course to the honor dOOds you have your o so atypical chat kill or saber down kill-which are quite fun i might add

but now in these servers they are stretching out the saber off and utilizing that itself to constitute a lame even tho they are meleeing you for using ofrce on you

i look at it this way you attack me first i dont give a sh1t what it is a punch,kick, force whatever your gonna get a saber in the ass and if that is "laming" then by all means have fun playing with yourself- which is probably what they are doing in reality while typing their sleep/hold commands

really all boils down to the pot calling the kettle black

example: I was playing DS ffa server earlier and this ass from ds was going around grip flipping everyone regardless of chat or saber status - then goes up to a platform. i mindtrick him and go up behind him it wears off im just standing there saber off. he red overheads at me i dodge and blu lunge him for a kill- i IMMEDIATELY get slapped to death then when i come back i get held and silenced for the remainder of the time i was there- that is the **** i am bitching about and i am far from a noob in this game but i do recognize one- this is pretty much every server out there that hosts JA+ mod now.

Archived